Catching up on all that I missed and will grab the ExPack1 for SF2:I this weekend. With a flyable Mustang and 3rd party cockpits for the Spits and S.199 add-on, I'm curious how the game handles the prop FM. Or do they act like jets?

Just askin'.

-S

They aren't perfect prop FM's but they don't handle like jets either. You won't be disappointed.

I'm loving the stock prop jobs (Mustang and Spitfire). I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Must admit I am having a great deal of fun with the Stock as for the Ugly that is the S.199 I could happily look at it all day... hang on I am supposed to fly it... Serious though the S.199 is a beautiful plane to fly as to the other props okay not as good as IL-2 but they are not too bad...

Easy answer you know your not flying a jet...

According to GregoryP of AvHistory (the crew responsible for the CFS 1% flight models), SF2 and it's follow-on titles have the potential for the most accurate flight dynamics modeling of any titles that are currently available.

I've used both his P-51D and Me-109 FMs in SF2, and can attest to the fact that both are a delight to fly, and are easily handled by the AI. In fact, the '109 is an absolute terror to fly against, as the AI seems to take full advantage of it's handling characteristics.

PS: Storm, I can hook you up with both models, and then you can tell us all what you think about them :grin:

Edited by Fubar512
PS:

So I got the ExPack1 installed plus May patch, etc.

I flew a quick mission leading my 4 Spit MkIXe against a 4-ship of EAF Spit IXcs. Down low those clipped wings really work well, and I noticed a slight speed advantage for the IXc with the round tips. The AI is still weird about firing. Enemy AI had no issues, only mine.

Anyhow, I'm very impressed so far and look forward to really getting back into it. Now I'm installing the 1948-56 add-on.

@ Fubar, PM inbound.

-S