Hi, been away for a while, now I can't find any news on the new MF Tomcat...Is the project still ongoing, or has it stopped ? I hope not... 2nd question : Phantom cockpits ( all variants ) they all look good, the high-res ones especially, but I was wondering, is there any plan to update them not the details, but the basic looks ? I guess I'm the only one here with this problem, but I realized, that these cockpits are a bit distorted :- fov- depth, scale. So the basic 3d structure seems a bit srange....just like the F-14 ( these cockpits are basicallly the same...) I hope I didn't offend any of the creators, I just hope the Phantoms ( with all their incredibly beautiful 3d models and skins etc, etc, might get a really super-cockpit As for the F-14, well, waiting for the new one... btw, should I post a screen to illustrate my point ?

Well the MF Tomcat is out try in the download section for SF2x series

Oh no....so it is true....it won't be released for WOE 1....:sad::sad::sad::sad:......:mega_shok:

Well pretty much everyone has moved on to the gen 2 game, so I doubt we will see any updated F-4 cockpits for gen 1.........as for the TMF F-14 ......if you go check the SF2 forum section you will see that the cat got let out the bag last week :yikes:

http://combatace.com/topic/56923-tmf-tomcats-released/

and if you scroll down on this page:blink: you will see alot of pix of it (including a very well done new cockpit

http://combatace.com/topic/55714-sf2-screenshot-thread/page__st__280

I actually got the new F-14's to work in SFp1 (First Gen.)...As long as you have patched up to the 2008 standard, you will see very fruitful results...

post-18157-066233100 1277749823.jpg

If you wish to know how to get the *AWESOME* new F-14's (and anything else geared to 2nd gen.) to work on a first gen. game, follow this link...

http://combatace.com/topic/43234-how-to-make-a-sf2-aircraftweapon-useable-in-gen-1-thirdwire-sims/

Hope this helps!!! :grin:

cgold, thank You, thank You, thank You, that's the answer I've been waiting for:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

I wish I could play the 2nd gen, but that won't happen in the near future, so I'm really grateful for this info , I hope I'll be able to get these birds fly ....this is the plane I bought WOE and FS9 for.....awesome, thank You again !!!!!!!

Wow, one week passed and one F-14 mission after the other :-DDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I can't wait for the final cockpit - perhaps it will be convertible to woe 1 ....

I managed to install these planes, pilots, weapons, droptanks, it works like charm, apart from one - unfortunately not minor - problem : I have no RWR symbols. thee is the green circular frame, I hear the sound warnings, but no symbols whatsoever....on neither of the displays....there is an RWR LST file in each aicraft folder, saved even those in ANSI format , but no result....the avionics.ini file lists some Unknonw.tga files in the RWR section...Can't imagine what I've done wrong...Any ideas ? ( especially cgold :-)))))))))))))))

Wow, one week passed and one F-14 mission after the other :-DDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I can't wait for the final cockpit - perhaps it will be convertible to woe 1 ....

I managed to install these planes, pilots, weapons, droptanks, it works like charm, apart from one - unfortunately not minor - problem : I have no RWR symbols. thee is the green circular frame, I hear the sound warnings, but no symbols whatsoever....on neither of the displays....there is an RWR LST file in each aicraft folder, saved even those in ANSI format , but no result....the avionics.ini file lists some Unknonw.tga files in the RWR section...Can't imagine what I've done wrong...Any ideas ? ( especially cgold :-)))))))))))))))

TEWS (as well as Vector) RWR displays require SF2 to work properly, as only the second-gen titles contain the necessary avionics code. Ditto for the RWR-list and its associated TGA files.

You could always try the SFP1-style simulated TEWS symbology in its place :good: : http://combatace.com/files/file/6838-rwr-symbology/

Edited by Fubar512

thx a lot , I'll definitely try this, hope it'll work...btw this means that with a proper avionics.ini entries I could use some other rwr files ? like for eg. F-15 ? I place them in the cockpit folder and modifiy the necessary paths in the avionics.ini ?

thx a lot , I'll definitely try this, hope it'll work...btw this means that with a proper avionics.ini entries I could use some other rwr files ? like for eg. F-15 ? I place them in the cockpit folder and modifiy the necessary paths in the avionics.ini ?

Yes

I'm sorry for not having replied earlier, I had to live without the net for 2 weeks :-(((((((((((((.....strange experience :-)))))))....Anyway, thx for the link Fubar, and for the info You guys provided...:salute: