Sign in to follow this  
CoopF4

Recommended Weps Pack

I'm running SF2:E and I downloaded Gunny's weps pack. It seems to work, but anytime I add a new weapon and open up the weps editor to save it as soon as I click save the editor just freezes and I have use Control-Alt-Delete to shut it down. I was thinking about cleaning out my weapons folder entirely. Anyone have any suggestions for something I may have done wrong or perhaps another weapons pack I could try? I'm not sure what the problem is.

Look at one of the weapons in Gunny's weapons pack. Open the ini's and look at the format, then add your weapon in the same way. Since TK changed it to this method. I have never had a need to even use a wep editor. Its the best way than screwing with that temperamental editor. That link tells you how to do it. Its easy as hell.

http://combatace.com...s-by-migbuster/

One thing that bothers me is how there seem to be duplicates of certain weapons. I'm guessing this is due to the fact that the baseline game comes with some weapons already. I think I'm going to redownload Gunny's pack and clear out the weapon cache altogether thus leaving me with only weapons from Gunny's pack. Wish me luck. I'll probably screw something up attempting to do this.

Good luck :good: Remember if you fail doing it. Just delete the weapons folder and you're back at the stock ones

Here is another hint. Install Gunny's pack to a folder on your desktop then drag and drop only the weapons you want.

It seems to have worked. Now that I am starting to understand the file layout more, I feel like the upgrade to SF2E was more bang for my buck than I originally thought (which I originally felt was pretty good)...modding seems to be a bit easier this time around.

The one thing I noticed was that there wasn't a duplicate of was the radar-guided Atoll-C.....which I was under the impression was the R-3R......there is a weapon called R-3R, but it is IR-guided and called the Atoll-B. Anyone have any ideas as to which is the proper designation for the radar-guided Atoll? I always thought the R-3R was the Atoll-C. I have a few flyable MiG-21's with this weapon so it was something I noticed.

Thanks for the info on the thread by the way!