Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Alternate 1986 Red Storm campaign for NATO Fighters 4+ Dec 2009 Patch and Beyond

Alternate 1986 Red Storm campaign for NATO Fighters 4+ Dec 2009 Patch and Beyond

This will add DO's carrier to use with TMF new F-14 Tomcat mod. Also uses Kess's USS Tarawa LHA-1. For that it uses AV-8B DA. I made a Det of VMFA-542 of 4 AV-8B's to be launched from the USS Tarawa.

You can get the Tomcat here.

http://combatace.com/files/file/11076-mirage-factory-f-14a-and-f-14b-tomcat/

The LHA and carrier are already in the mod for you. The campaign files have been modified. Just install the F-14 yourself.

To install:

Extract to an empty folder on your desktop. Then drag and drop the files into your SF2:Europe NF4+ install and let it overwrite any and all files. *Caution* if you have a modded squadronlist.lst, back that up as it will overwrite yours.

Only install this if you want carriers ops.

Idea based on Kulbit80's mod in which I used his carrier coordinates.

Enjoy.

Thanks Dave!

Adding 'cats and carriers to NF4+ was the only thing I customized in my install. Now if I need to reinstall for some reason, it'll all be just the way I need it "out of the box!"

I hope it works for you guys. I keep thinking I forgot a file.

I've a feeling this is something very simple that i've missed somewhere, and as such expect a thorough clowning.. but.. I added this to NF4+ latest patch, game already patched to latest before applying, and well.. I can take off but on returning to the carrier, one, it's floating over ground some hundred miles or so inland, and two, won't let me land, instead floating through the carrier and into the grass. dntknw.gif

I looked over everything again, and I mean everything.. One thing I found that may or may not have any relevance, is in the data ini, nations for the CVN is set to GENERIC, so I changed that to USN. I did another test now and could land, but I doubt it was that change that did it, because I let the game run to see if the carrier still runs aground and the moment it did, my aircraft got bumped off the deck and exploded, the carrier continuing on overground. Is this something anyone else has noticed or just me? I heard of the story about the USN carrier and the Canadian lighthouse but I doubt even the USN can sail on land blink.gif

I just tried this with the latest Thirdwire update, and the latest update of NATO Fighters and the carrier is way off, in France or something. Could it be that the coordinates are no longer valid?