Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

A surprise found in my Inbox today...

Cocas sent me a little something to fiddle with...

wrench

kevin stein

Any Idea what happened to him, Kevin? it has been more than a year since i knew from him!!!

Damn it looks great :clapping:

Daniel is 'in and out', or out and about or something... I'm glad he's kinda back, and we have this to work with.

I've conviced Lloyd to skin it, and I've got to see if Daniel can make some changes in the LOD (there's no FastProp node, so it dissapperes off-idle, and an apparently upmapped section on the righ fueselage, forward of the cockpit)

Flys nice in 06, still want to check in 08, and I guess I'll have to bite the bullets, and create a SF2 WW2 install. I just don't relish the thought of 350+ users lists (of course, setting Exported= to FALSE helps) .... and one or two of the really old ETO terrains have some MAJOR issues in SF2, even with updated shader statements

wrench

kevin stein

last time i spoke with him, we was good.

if i recall correct he have an heart problem.

A mouth-watering project.

How about a four-toned early war scheme - Upper wings in dark earth and dark green, and lower wings in light earth and light green. Th fuselage goes from one scheme to the other about half way down.

I see Capun has released a MkII. Having a MkI and a Sea Gladiator would be nice but not vital.

Wrench

Did you say you have the Mushroom Gladiator book? Does it come with a pull-out of the panel lines? If so, that would be really useful. I have just bought the Warpaint volume on the Gladiator - another aircraft book I have to sneak past the wife.

post-2351-039740500 1278020857.jpg

Lloyd

Edited by LloydNB

RATS! I could have saved you some money! It's included in the package I PM'ed you the link. Maybe you can take it back for a refund? As the Mushroom is on pdf, I do't know if the panel pullout is there (more than likely is).

And, there IS a Sea Gladiator too! Cocas had put it's folder inside the Glad Mk.2, so I didn't see it until yesturday. Made some ini tweeks, and it's now carrier-capable. Needs a skin, of course!

I haven't studied upon the Gladiator, so can't really say what the differences between the Mk.1 and 2 are. If the're small, ini edits can give us that version.

wrench

kevin stein

Great

At this stage I'm thinking:

- Malta (Hal Far) Sea Gladiators

- Early war RAF

- SAAF for East Africa

- Chinese Nationalists

Then I'll put the templates up to encourage others to have a go.

The MkI had a two-blade prop and a different spinner.

Edited by LloydNB

Cull's book, "Hurricanes Over Malta", oddly enough, as the SG serial numbers listed.

wrench

kevin stein

that's a GREAT resource site for books. I ORDER all you to bookmark it for future downloads!! :salute:

wrench

kevin stein