Sign in to follow this  
dtmdragon

More realistic/ addon SAM ground objects

Hi guys,

Just a quick question on enhancing the game through the use of more realistic and addon SAM ground objects. I installed all the available ones for SF2 from this site but have noticed quite a few references in SF2 addon terrains to other SAM ground objects that I assume are SF1 ground objects that work in SF2? If this is the case what would you recommend using in SF2 from the SF1 downloads section etc? Or any other mods/tricks to enhance the games SAM/AAA

Cheers,

Dan.

Ummmm.... everything???? It's a simple drag-drop. You'll just need to add whichever missile is required (note: don't install the old SA-8 from the PaskoPak -launch vehicle & missile-, as it's stock now in SF2 and the old one causes conflicts) Same goes for 'gun' systems and gun/missile combos; Tunguska, Gepard, Roland, Adats, Chapparel, etc and so forth.

at present, I'm trying to talk "someone" into updating several older systems to SF2 standard, with the addition of the radar frequencies, which are now needed for proper opration and TEWS response. (to wit, Rapier and Bloodhound, but the Bloodhounds will need specfic locations on maps, so don't expect them for a looooooooooong time0

Updated HAWKs are in the Libya terrain, recently uploaded by some bum :stinker:

The thing to be VERY aware of, is the stock maps have NO provisions for Blue AD units; excepting those classed as "_AAA", so things like HAWK and Rapier batteris MUST be laid out through the terrain's _Targets and Types.inis. But, yet again, that causes OTHER issues; as in the EW/SAM radars going into 'stealth mode', where they don't show up or have a reaction on RWRs. They'll kill MiGs dead, but you'll never know it coming

wrench

kevin stein

Ummmm.... everything???? It's a simple drag-drop. You'll just need to add whichever missile is required (note: don't install the old SA-8 from the PaskoPak -launch vehicle & missile-, as it's stock now in SF2 and the old one causes conflicts) Same goes for 'gun' systems and gun/missile combos; Tunguska, Gepard, Roland, Adats, Chapparel, etc and so forth.

at present, I'm trying to talk "someone" into updating several older systems to SF2 standard, with the addition of the radar frequencies, which are now needed for proper opration and TEWS response. (to wit, Rapier and Bloodhound, but the Bloodhounds will need specfic locations on maps, so don't expect them for a looooooooooong time0

Updated HAWKs are in the Libya terrain, recently uploaded by some bum :stinker:

The thing to be VERY aware of, is the stock maps have NO provisions for Blue AD units; excepting those classed as "_AAA", so things like HAWK and Rapier batteris MUST be laid out through the terrain's _Targets and Types.inis. But, yet again, that causes OTHER issues; as in the EW/SAM radars going into 'stealth mode', where they don't show up or have a reaction on RWRs. They'll kill MiGs dead, but you'll never know it coming

wrench

kevin stein

Cheers, I have the Hawks and Roland SAM already installed but to get them to show up I have them set as static or mobile AAA objects with the availability set on the lowest. I've also duplicated and added multiple versions of the stock blue AAA units to flesh out the selection of blue SAM/AAA so I don't end up with a ton of Hawk launchers that blow every soviet aircraft out of the sky before they can get a single bomb off!

You just use the generic statements of "SAMLauncher" and "SAMRadar"; if they're all networked, they should stick together (should being the operative word, meaning they don't always). Look at the new Libya terrain ... that's how I did it for the NATO AD units. Oddly, as Fubar and I have been discussing, they work bettre when laid out in the Soviet style 6-pointed pattern.

wrench

kevin stein

Perhaps the game engine is making some SAM site related calculations with a 6-launcher setup

as basic , since AIR defence setting is adjusting the number of complete SAM sites

Stock SAM site are always complete, no matter what AD setting ... only AAA is regulated as

individual guns

A typical NATO SAm site with 4- or 8- launcher setup might screws up the game engine .. and is

causing the incomplete SAM sites ... ?

Just a wild guess...