Sign in to follow this  
rabu

Pol... is your OFF site gone?

Polovisky: Is your website gone?. I must have missed the announcement and have no idea when it happened, but I always enjoyed your site and appreciate how much you have helped with OFF online.

Hmmm... I keep getting the same error message, "Oops! Internet Explorer could not find www.polovski.com"

I thought you meant the official OFF site. I didn't know that Polowsky had a OFF site.

Yep went some time ago, could not afford to keep it going for the hell of it - plus the ISP had some very cunning small print they invoke whenever your website becomes popular to take it down and bring in new charges you cannot disagree with, bad place to stay.

Something like "unlimited bandwidth" *

* but if the actual PC your server sits on (with the other 100 or whatever websites) gets a bit busier because of your Website we shut it down and demand $.

Which ISP?..we need to avoid like the Plague!

Yep went some time ago, could not afford to keep it going for the hell of it - plus the ISP had some very cunning small print they invoke whenever your website becomes popular to take it down and bring in new charges you cannot disagree with, bad place to stay.

Something like "unlimited bandwidth" *

* but if the actual PC your server sits on (with the other 100 or whatever websites) gets a bit busier because of your Website we shut it down and demand $.

Well, Pol, sorry to hear that. I obviously didn't visit it that often... maybe it's sort of like "comfort food" On a positive note, now you only have to worry about the main OFF site though. :good:

PM me UK_WM and I'll tell ya so you can avoid. Don't fancy meeting their lawyers so I'm not posting it here, as I mentioned they are tough.

Yeah no worries ta Rabu