Sign in to follow this  

Aviatik CII Gunner Fix?

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows how to prevent the gunner's legs from appearing outside the fuselage of the Aviatik CII. I was think perhaps, if the gunner's turning could be reduced. I also tried to tinker with the position values, but no luck. Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated

bhaskar2789

Hi bhaskar2789

The Aviatik is a model by capun and any changes to the gunner would have to come from him, or there would need to be another model.

The original model was developed for Wings of War and although the 3dMax files for that plane are available, a significant amount of work would need to be done to resolve the issue you describe.

Since we already have this plane, that is possible but not likely.

Capun has corrected this problem with other models and he may be willing to rework the Aviatik. I suggest you post a request at his forum.

sinbad

Reducing the gunner's pitch and/or yaw angles (not the pitchanglerate though) in the Aviatik.ini will reduce/restrict the amount the gunner can move, and perhaps resolve the poke-through. Lots of trial and error.

You may end up with an emasculated rear gunner though! :yikes:

The max and min extent positions are the invisible hit boxes for the gunner, not where he shows up.

Edited by Bandy

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Sinbad, and thanks Bandy for the insight, didnt know much about that stuff, but now I know so thanks

bhaskar89

Edited by Guest

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows how to prevent the gunner's legs from appearing outside the fuselage of the Aviatik CII. I was think perhaps, if the gunner's turning could be reduced. I also tried to tinker with the position values, but no luck. Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated

bhaskar2789

I'm on my way in to work and can't find it at the moment, but there are instructions for removing parts from airplanes. I remember a thread once about this being a possible solution for this problem with Capun's planes and their gunners. You just remove his legs. The parts you want to remove are R_Thigh and L_Thigh, because that will remove all the parts attached to it, the leg and the foot. Just don't look down into his cockpit from an outside view, because you'll see he's an amputee. I'd do this before I'd mess with his movement, because that will emasculate him as a gunner. You can do this because the gunner is part of the aircraft model in Capun's aircraft. Hope this helps.

Heck