Sign in to follow this  
PG_Raptor

Webcams

I'm in the market for a new webcam. I'd like one with a decent resolution and a decent speed. But the problem is, I don't know what "decent" is for modern webcams. Info and suggestions are appriciated. Also, this is for my laptop, so something small and with a clip would be good.

Something I forgot too. I'm probably gonna need a USB hub as well, probably a 4 port.

Edited by PG_Raptor

i dont know much... but the top end Logitec or Creative both get good reviews for their top-end models.

Dont expect too much in terms of quality. Even a god webcam comes nowhere near a small digicam in term of picture quality and for a good framerate you will proably need a bit more light in the evenings than you would normally want. Webcams does give you a little better FPS than a digicams that can be used as webcams would

I use the NX pro from Creative - many oof their cams ca be mounted on a laptop. Cehck out Logitec as well. If you dont use a headset then get one with a built in mic. Mine comes with a mic but not built in and the cord would be unhandy for use with a laptop even though the camera is able to clip onto the screen:

post-21-1089365689_thumb.gif

Thanks for the reply Ghost. Ok, after a few minutes of research (maybe I shoulda started with that :)) there's two cameras that catch my eye. The creative NX Pro and the Logitech QuickCam Messenger 961.gif Both are $47, both offer 640 x 480 resolution, but the logitech says it offers 30 fps while the creative only has 15.

Edited by PG_Raptor

try and google some comparisons between the two... specs don't mean much