Sign in to follow this  
Guest Levert

campaign events tracking

Guest Levert

I have a question regarding a campaign. If you have a squadron of 16 pilots and 16 planes , the campaign file keeps tracking of losses ? If you lose all planes , except yours of course, what happen then ? Is the campaign file keep tracking in the same way for the AI units(enemy and friendly) ?

At a point you'll lose the campaign when low on pilots or aircrafts. Don't know the exact figure

Guest Levert

At a point you'll lose the campaign when low on pilots or aircrafts. Don't know the exact figure

I don't know about that...I saw a thread here where someone was complaining about beeing low on pilots and one was saying that in his 73 campaign he finished it with 3 pilots only. However in data ini of campaign you can start with more pilots and the problem can be solve. Anyway my questions were centered on the tracking of the events . I wonder if I can see a file (where is it save ? or is it in binary format..) where all these changing are taking place to evaluate the sitution to know how to balance the data campaign file in the beginning.

I think the campaign save file is in the pilots folder...? Someone may want to verify that, thought. And as far as the format goes, I don't remember what it was exactly but I know you can't just open it up and read it. It's readable only by the game.

And lastly, hgbn is right. You can lose a campaign when you get too low on pilots and/or aircraft.

Guest Levert

How do you know at one time how many aircraft are left in the squadron (unless you personaly count the losses) ? You can check how many pilots everytime but you don't know the number of aircraft left. Is there a corellation between these data and the mock-up squadrons aircraft when you search and find one with F6 key ?Or they are there just for show with no connection to the campaign keeping track of them ?

Edited by Levert

I could be wrong, but you can put the cursor over your own airfield in the planning map before a mission and see how many aircrafts there is stationed there.

But since every campaign is dynamic in nature you'll get replacement aircrafts for lost ones. If the supply lines isn't being cut. Actually it's quite complex