Sign in to follow this  
harryleith

Wikipedia shortcomings

I was sending a friend a link about cluster bombs and went to the usually reliable wikipedia. I was astonished to find that the article on the CBU-24 was two sentences long, and no images.

Horrified, I did some hasty research and added some more detail, but I was surprised at this gap in what must be an interesting set of topics. If the entries in wikipedia are inadequate, can we, as a community with a wealth of knowledge, help out? I am not just thinking of CBU-24s but of all modern aircraft weapons systems.

Pick your favourite and have a look. If it isn't covered, or not covered well, help to update it. AAMs appear to be well covered, as are SAM systems, but I am guessing air-to-mud might have a lot of holes we could help fill.

And does anyone have any images of CBU-24s? I came up dry. The image needs to be your own copyright, or public domain. Does the US military make public domain images available?

Thanks for the link. Looks like a couple of useful images and the USAF photos appear to be public domain.