Hello guys, anyone interested in making some lo-viz F-4N and F-4S skins? I got some pics I would like to replicate. Some N's from VF-21 and S's from VF-74 and VF-161. Give me a shout if any one wants to help. I get wood when I see late model lo-viz F-4's!

Hello guys, anyone interested in making some lo-viz F-4N and F-4S skins? I got some pics I would like to replicate. Some N's from VF-21 and S's from VF-74 and VF-161. Give me a shout if any one wants to help. I get wood when I see late model lo-viz F-4's!

The squadrons you refer to are under represented -- what we need are the two coral sea F-4N squadrons VF-154 and VF-21 -USS Forestall USS F-4S (they also had a couple of J's) From VF-74 and VF-103 And the midways F-4S- VF-151 and VF-161 - all in both the in the Full overall 36440 gull gray/ with Low Vis 36118 gunship gray anti glare panel/ markings. And the three tone 35237blue gray/ 35320 dark ghost gray/ 35375 light ghost grey tactical Camo Low Vis

I would personally like to see a VF-302 Ferris scheme, VF-302 sent a a detachment to the med for "war games" in 1982 They operated off of the USS Forestall allongside VF-103 and VF-74 and made

for a nice show of force in the Med after the gulf of sidra incident helping to keep Khadaffi thinking about the consequences harassing US warships.

A Ferris scheme can be found at Column5's, and with some editing made into a 302.

Like I said, with some searching and some patience, a lot can be found already!

Enjoy!

Muesli, thanks bud but I have already downloaded all of those skins! Icarus we are on the right track. Check out these pics. First is an N from VF-21. Then two Be-deviler S's off Forrestal. Then an S from VF-161. That 21 skin would be a good compliment to the VF-154 skin already available.

post-38143-065833600 1278017336.jpg

post-38143-052146400 1278017378.jpg

post-38143-048128700 1278017399.jpg

post-38143-087794800 1278017421.jpg

Edited by CrazyhorseB34

Sweet pics mate, do really suit that N and S Rhinos!

FYI, Sundowner is working on new skins for the F-4S.

VF-302 sent a a detachment to the med for "war games" in 1982 They operated off of the USS Forestall allongside VF-103 and VF-74 and made

for a nice show of force in the Med after the gulf of sidra incident helping to keep Khadaffi thinking about the consequences harassing US warships.

Do you happen to have more info or any pix on this VF-302 deployment? I couldn't find anything. Thanks.

Requests???

Can you sing "Strangers In the Night"?????

wrench

kevin stein

:rofl::lol:

and for EVEN attempting it...

:drinks:

wrench

kevin stein

hmmmmm request huh? for skins maybe a Euro 1 F-4E Arnie(ala TMF)

but if we have shifted to songs......................FREEBIRD!:rofl:

Do you happen to have more info or any pix on this VF-302 deployment? I couldn't find anything. Thanks.

The two F-4S squadrons based on the USS Forestall were responsible for over 60% of all intercepts of all Libyan aircraft that attempted to harass US warships conducting "missile test exercises" off the cost of Libya in the days leading up to the gulf of sidra incident. At that time Reagan was keeping a large naval presence in the Mediterranean sea, The war games of 1981 and 1982 were a way testing readiness while keeping pressure on Khadaffy and keeping a force close at hand should the problems in Lebanon escalate further.

VF-302 sent 6 F-4S phantoms to the med for the games. VF-302 operated from both the USS Forestall and Naval air station Sigonella on the island of Sicily for the games in the med, and flew some mock combat over the Italian Alps as well They wore a mix of heater Ferris and overall gull Gray low vis paint schemes There is an exact match for the stallions overall gray 36440 low vis scheme in the downloads section we just need the Heater Ferris which was applied as a mirror image --- in the the opposite direction of her sister squadron VF-301.

Edited by Icarus999

The two F-4S squadrons based on the USS Forestall were responsible for over 60% of all intercepts of all Libyan aircraft that attempted to harass US warships conducting "missile test exercises" off the cost of Libya in the days leading up to the gulf of sidra incident. At that time Reagan was keeping a large naval presence in the Mediterranean sea, The war games of 1981 and 1982 were a way testing readiness while keeping pressure on Khadaffy and keeping a force close at hand should the problems in Lebanon escalate further.

VF-302 sent 6 F-4S phantoms to the med for the games. VF-302 operated from both the USS Forestall and Naval air station Sigonella on the island of Sicily for the games in the med, and flew some mock combat over the Italian Alps as well They wore a mix of heater Ferris and overall gull Gray low vis paint schemes There is an exact match for the stallions overall gray 36440 low vis scheme in the downloads section we just need the Heater Ferris which was applied as a mirror image --- in the the opposite direction of her sister squadron VF-301.

Thank you for the details.