I recently added lots of modern AAA and SAM Ground Objects to my SF2 install to spice up the SEAD missions. However, it has had a funny and unintended side-effect.

While flying a CAS mission with an RAN A-4G Skyhawk, I rolled into the attack, only to find that the ground troops attacking my friendlies were rank upon rank of FireCan radars! The radars are immobile vans, without any armament whatsoever. Suffice it to say they didn't put up much of a fight, and the ground friendlies went through them like a knife through butter. Nevertheless, it was a bizarre sight to see.

I think I need to go get some more offensive-capable ground forces for the Red team.

OK. The FireCans have to go! I shovelled my install full of BMP-1s, T-80s etc. and I still got row upon row of radar vans lining up for ground attack.

Is it something to do with the weapon type? It said it was an AAA_Battery, not a Tank or APC, but it kept getting selected in preference to any other vehicle type.

Once I got rid of it, lots of lovely T-80's to drop ordnance on.

Moved to the correct Forum ... you'll probably get an answer quicker, in the regular or Garden Variety ™ 3W Forums...

----------

There's plenty of Red Goodies ™ to install ... everything 1stGen that's be brought up to at least 08 1stGen standard just drops right in.

Never had that happen to me; and I'm laying those those buggers ALL over the various and sundry maps. And testing the living s**t out of each one, with EVERY mission statement possible. Never seen them show up for CAS or ARMED_RECON.

You realize, of course, that by deleting them ALL the AAA batteries that are networked TO them will only function under their visual targeting systems, if they funciton at all. There are definately some small glitches built in to the game

What's the date of the data ini for the FireCan? The newest one, in the Libya download, is dated 6/11/2010

wrench

kevin stein

Thanks Wrench. The overly aggressive FireCan is the version that came with the latest Libya terrain (v375). Installing this lovely terrain initially inspired me to do some SEAD missions and I piled in a whole lot more SAMs and AAA to spice it up a bit. It was when I switched back to flying CAS that I noticed this little oddity.

My install is SF2 combo merged and patch level Dec2009. I am doing single mission CAS with RAN A-4G Skyhawks, trying to perfect my Mk20 Rockeye and Mk82 Snakeye delivery

Since I have removed the FireCan, the game has started using T-80s and BMPs in ground attacks.

I'm suprised you can fly Aussie birds there, given the LimitedNation=TRUE statement. Maybe that dosen't work for single missions????

Anyway, try changing their GroundObjectRole= to EW_RADAR, and see what happens. It's wrong, but it may help. Like I said, it never happened during testing; on any terrain so far (and Korea is littered with them!!)

wrench

kevin stein

Changing the GroundObjectRole to EW_RADAR seems to have helped. The FireCans are back, but under control and leaving the fighting to T-72s and BMPs.

Thanks!

You should run into a column of ZSU-23's. My god man it still gives me nightmares. :lol:

My god man it still gives me nightmares. :lol:

That's only because you believe that "Attack of the killer tomatoes" was the absolute zenith of the motion-picture industry.

Or the T-55 bridgelayers in ODS ... that was a nasty sneaky bit I snuck in there....giving them AIR_AND_GROUND weapons statements..... evil laugh goes ---> HERE <---

wrench

kevin stein

I remember in ODS rolling in on those bridge-layers on an armed recon, figuring it was going to be like hitting a line of Zils.

Whoa, ow, were is the hidden packs of ZSU-4's?

Looked all around, and found nothing. Bing, bang, boom, lead flying every which way!

It took me a while to realize, as I saw my wingie augering in, that is was THOSE eveil rascals...

:blink:

Whoa, ow, were is the hidden packs of ZSU-4's?

Looked all around, and found nothing. Bing, bang, boom, lead flying every which way!

:blink:

Don't tell me that actually made it into the ODS release..... :lol: I did that to play a trick on Dave, reclassifying ZSU-234s as "transports". Dave called me up in the wee hours of the morning bitching about that..... :grin:

You all never DID believe I was a sneaky bastard.... I AM the Easter Egg ™ King after all. It was Fubar that actuall gave me the idea (aren't you all glad I never gave the Zils or the M-35 trucks guns as well???)

yup, I remember when testing the terrain's movements ini getting my Hog filled full of holes. I quite upset!!

wrench

kevin stein