Sign in to follow this  
gerwin

Two questions: TK's F-16 and F-15

F-15A

I noticed TK uses differently named models for the USAF F-15A and the IAF F-15A Baz, but can someone point me to the actual differences between the two models. I am not talking about the cockpit here, just the outside view of the aircraft.

F-16A

I read something about TK correcting he F-16A in the SF2 Suez Expansion. But what was wrong with it anyways?

I'm not sure that there are any external 3D model differences. If there are, I've never noticed them. I think it's just the .ini's that differ for the different equipment they carry ie Shafrir/Python AAMs and keeping the model named in conjunction with them makes it easier for him.

F-16A

I read something about TK correcting he F-16A in the SF2 Suez Expansion. But what was wrong with it anyways?

1. Tail base was too long, 2. cockpit reflection was wrong, 3. A port on the stbd side of the nose didn't need to be there.

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=7417

Edited by MigBuster

That's one of the few things TK got wrong with the F-15A Baz vs the F-15A.

The F-15A Baz, to carry Python 3 missiles, required a special rail that mounted the missiles at an odd angle to clear the drop tank and pylons. The TW F-15A Baz does not use these rails...however, you will find the correct models in the F-15 Baz SuperPack here at CA.

FC

That's one of the few things TK got wrong with the F-15A Baz vs the F-15A.

The F-15A Baz, to carry Python 3 missiles, required a special rail that mounted the missiles at an odd angle to clear the drop tank and pylons. The TW F-15A Baz does not use these rails...however, you will find the correct models in the F-15 Baz SuperPack here at CA.

FC

Okay I actually now remember that thread about the F-16A.

So as far as we know F-15A and F15A Baz in the game look the same, even though in reality the Baz can have different launch rails.

I am wiser now thank you!

USAF F-15 vs F-15 Baz

You also want to take a close look at the tip of the left vertical fin ...

TK knew about the cranked adapters for loading Python 3 but he choose not to model them ... the cranked adapters were

available only in 1983 or later ... thus not relevant for the 1982 Lebanon scenario ... that could be the reason.

Pre 1983 Python 3 were loaded on a special double-rail adapter on the normal wing hardpoint.

This prevented loading of fueltanks and missiles at the same time on the wings.