Sign in to follow this  
vonOben

Albatros DI in campaign?

Hi

I enlisted for Jasta 2 in September 1916 in BHaH.

The campaign screen says the aces are flying Albatros DI’s, but the labels in the game say Albatros DII. On September 16 I also got the Albatros DI.

When I check the aircraft info in the campaign the info says Albatros DII.

Am I flying a Albatros DI or a DII?

Is this a bug in BHaH? :blink:

Cheers

vonOben

The same model is used in OFF to represent both model. The D.I didn't differ from the D.II except for poorer visibility from the cockpit, that was the main improvement they made in D.II. Otherwise the planes had exactly the same performance, so the only thing your missing is bad upward visibility. :cool:

We'd need a few more hundred aircraft to cover all possible variants, DII stands in for DI. Some Nieuports stand in for others sometimes. One day maybe we'll have every possible aircraft but I think we'll be 6 foot under before that ;). It helps a few squadrons to have continuous career possibilities.

Pol: One day maybe we'll have every possible aircraft but I think we'll be 6 foot under before that ;).

May god beware!

Von Oben, I have looked into modelling 3D aircraft for a bit, and I assure you, it is a very time- and nerve-consuming

business, well fit to make you a "modelling hermit", closed away in his room.

There are so many things to do, that more important stuff should be done first.

There is a long list, surely - let's all hope, that the modellers won't loose their nerve, or can be cloned one day. :declare:

Edited by Olham

Hi

Thanks for the info. :smile:

I find it a bit confusing when I get contradictory information from OFF. But I now understand that the campaign is designed for the future and stands in planes are used when the accurate plane type is not available.

I assume also that the EIII is stand in for EI and EII and also the Halberstadt DII is stand in for the DIII?

Is there any information about new planes in P4?

Cheers

vonOben

vonOben, the devs have made clear recently, that their announcements and previews in the past

had been closely watched and then copied by the developers of another sim.

For that reason, they will not release any such info.

You can be sure though, that they are working on it, and that it will be released when ready.

In other words - you will get the new P4 even faster than we would, if they took time off for talking about it. :grin:

Seeing, how very much they worked on getting a historical accurate campaign together - something I haven't

seen in any other sim to this extent - we can be very certain, that they will close the gaps of missing planes.

If they do that following the importance, certain types had in the war, we may get other craft first than you or I

might want to get. You may want a certain fighter, but maybe get more two-seaters - but that would then be

due to the role, those types played.

Some day, in the end of all development, they surely want to present to us ALL types and squadrons.

Until then, just do what I do - enjoy the greatest WW1 air combat sim - until it gets even greater.

Edited by Olham

vonOben, the devs have made clear recently, that their announcements and previews in the past

had been closely watched and then copied by the developers of another sim.

For that reason, they will not release any such info.

Really :blink:

Not many other WW1 flight sims around so it's rather obvious which one you are talking about....

Anyway it's to bad they don't give us any information about the next version, but understandable in this case.

Until then, just do what I do - enjoy the greatest WW1 air combat sim - until it gets even greater.

Off course, and I am enjoying OFF :wink2:

Cheers

vonOben

Your Staffel as well as your aircraft are a very good choice to start flying OFF.

Jasta 2 has a high morale, so the pilots in 1. Kette (A-flight) should be really good in dangerous situations.

Also the wingmen in such Jasta act and react more efficient than in the mediocre or bad ones.

Your fighter, the Albatros D.I / D.II is a very stabile and sturdy craft. In it's time, it is fast, climbs quite well,

at least below 5.000 feet, and it has a devastating fire power, as it fires about the double amount of rounds

compared to the British and French single gun aircraft.

Your strength is rather to "boom and zoom", but in LEFT turns, you can even keep up with Nieuports and

Sopwith Pups. If you are not that good yet, the best you can do is to hit the enemy craft early in the fights,

stay highest of all flyers, "pepper" as many as you can, and when they can only fly half of their performance -

shoot them down.

The Bordeauxred Baron (my alter ego): "Mmuahahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!"

Edited by Olham

Hi Olham

Thanks for the Albatros tips. I sure can need them because those Nieuports can be hard to catch :wink2:

S!

vonOben

Nieuports have the tendency to turn towards you, as close as they can.

Best avoid them - if they are hit, they sometimes even collide with you.

So stay high, and don't get too near them - even when you are behind them -

they may pull up vertical, and you crash into them.

Gute Jagd!