Sign in to follow this  
ezlead

Glitch in Jun2010 patch terrain.

I just upgraded my FE2 with the Jun2010 patch.

After the upgrade my Flanders terrain would not work.

After a couple of days messing around changing things,I thought that maybe if I extracted the wwiverdun.cat and installed it in the Flanders folder it might work.

The wwiverdun.cat would not extract using the Cat extractor(Tried both extractors-neither would work).

I kept a copy of the old wwiverdun.cat(Feb2010).

I extracted it and copied it into a Flanders folder in the "mod" folder. I then reinstalled the Flanders terrain into this folder overwriting the verdun files when necessary.

It worked great.

I suggest keeping a copy of the old wwiverdun.cat before doing the install of the new patch in case you have the same problem.

I already posted this at Thirdwire.

Is this the error you are getting?

Error: Cat file size-data does not match (2).

I get that error when trying to extract the Verdun terrain, no problems with the other though...

Re: Glitch in Jun 2010 upgrade

Yes,that is message.

I renamed wwiverdun.cat(Feb2010 or May2010) wwiverdunx.cat.(note the x)

I put it in Program Files\Thirdwire\Firsteagles2\Terrains folder.

That folder then contained wwiverdun.cat(Jun 2010) wwicambrai.cat(Jun2010) and wwiverdunx.cat.

Then go to Flanders folder in "Mods" terrains folder,open Flanders.ini file,scroll down to cat pointer line.

CatFile=..\wwiverdun\wwiverdun.cat

change to:CatFile=..\wwiverdun\wwiverdunx.cat(note the x) and save.

Flanders terrain should work.

Are these problems and changes applied to the recent Tuma terrains or the older Flanders terrains?

BTW-- The link to the June patch is no longer operating at the TW site. It may be in process for revision.

I can run FE2 fine with the May patch; the June version appears buggy, at least for my XP ProSP3 install..

Edited by sinbad

I think it applies to any of the terrains that the cat pointer line points to the wwiverdun.cat(Jun2010).

There is a glitch in the wwiverdun.cat(Jun2010).

I posted this on Thirdwire and TK said he will look into it.

Odd that your Flanders terrain didn't work. Mine worked no problem with the June 2010 patch, with Jan Tuma's update, so I never tried to extract the Verdun cat. Strange stuff.

Hi Heck-

What OS are you running?

Hi Heck-

What OS are you running?

XP Service pack 3 with the June 2010 version of Directx 9c installed. Like TK, I'm surprised Microsoft is still updating 9c, but they are, probably because so many folks like myself are still using it, because we can't buy a new system. Speaking of that, it's sucky system; 2 Gigs of ram, 2.4Ghz single core, Nvidia 6200 video card, so you'd think it would have a world of problems with Jan Tuma's terrain and this sim, but it doesn't. I have to set a lot of the graphics to medium, etc., but it gives me good frames rates if I use the right settings.

Edited by Heck