Sign in to follow this  
RAF_Dumoulin

King Air 350 problem

Hello all,

Just my first post here....

Was a long time lurker.....sorry about that.

So I take a big return to FS2OO2 .........All addon's reinstalled...and more...

All running perfectly.

I have just 2 questions about no really big issues but I mean small annoying probs...

First.

When you begin a fly with the King Air 350 (default flight) your engines are running supposely at iddle speed.Instead that (throttles levers at 0) you have a small residue power and the plane begin to move....I remember it's a patche or fix for that but no find it after many searchs on differents forums and D/L sites...

Second.

At the intersection of the sky and the ground (or sea) seem to be a thin (or larger,variation with the altitude of the viewer) milky white line...

Any fix for that??

Tk's anyway to this good forum and posters it's a real help.

Regards.

RAF_Doumilan,

I have no clue about #2, except that others may need to know more about your computer and graphics card to help troubleshoot.

and as for #1,

I believe that you are saying that the airplane moves with the Throttle at 0 . Having flown real-life King-Air 200's, 100's, and 90's, I could tell ya that if the powerlevers are at idle....the airplane WILL move unless the brake is set or the aircraft is chocked. I do not know if their is a patch/fix to overcome this in the game, but in realife...it's a fact.

This is mainly due to the props being at High Pitch during ground idle....it creates quite a bit of thrust (enough to overcome the weight of the aircraft) and propel it foward....this is why many pilots will taxi a King Air with the props set at HIGH PITCH but the Powerlevers in the BETA range. Beta Range is the area between Low Pitch and Reverse. This range produces less thrust...to...reverse thrust and allows for easier taxing...even to the point of turning using differential power (prop pitch).

I haven't flown the King Air in FS2004...I mainly stick with the Lear 45 since I'm more familiar with the Lears, Glass cockpits, and equipment location in general.

I hope some of this answers some questions......

<C>

Fates

Hello Fates,

Tk's for your very detailled and quick response about the King Air 350 matter.

Your explanation seem be logical and I will scroll a few the webb to find more litterature about this very interesting fact.

BTW my graphic card is a GTS 4600 MSI with antialiasing and anisotropic ON but I think this is not revelant to the problem encountered...(I have try many settings before post this question ,for be sure no anoing peoples..).

Regards.

Good reply Fates. I do quite a bit of engine runs and taxiing in our Saab 340s (turboprops) and I can taxi all the way from our maintenance hangar to the passenger terminal without advancing the power levers at all...of course it would be slow going at first...lol. Normally I bump up the power levers to get rolling faster at first, but once I'm rolling I set the power levers back to ground idle and "coast". Our aircraft, just like the King Air 350 in FS will roll foward without any throttle. I love the 350 in FS since unlike Fates, I'm a turboprop guy used to very little glass in the pit. :D

LIttle Glass in the PIt? Most them SAAB 340's I worked on (NWA) were all glass....btw...PM inbound Weasy.

RAF_Dumoulin:

About the white line, I used to get the same thing in Strike Fighters: Project 1...except it was a black line on the horizon between sky and water. This hassn't happened to me since SP2, so it makes me wonder if it was a gaming engine problem. I wish I could help more.

<C>

Fates

Okay, a little glass. I don't consider this a "glass" cockpit though.

Too many analog gauges. :lol:

Loganair2.jpg

This is more of a glass pit (A320)

A320_cockpit1.jpg