Sign in to follow this  
bragadox

SF2E+June2010-Patch and weird looking F/A-18E

Hi Folks!

I applied the latest Thirdwire-Patch to my SF2-Europe-Install and the first Beauty i rolled out of Hangar was a F/A-18E from this SuperHornet-Package

The Patch makes the Cockpit / Canopy look like this:

bild.jpg

I looked at the ChangeList.txt from the Patch and the Inis of that plane, but i have no idea, why that fat black stripe now appears around the Canopyframe. Any ideas?

As far as i tested, it is the only Aircraft, that shows this after patching. Need help ... it´s one of my favorite Toons to fly around :this:

Thanks!

Braggel

In f/a-18 data.ini change:

[AircraftData]

CGPosition=0.00,0.00,0.00 --------> to 0.00,0.35,0.00

Great! That´s fixing the problem!

Thank you very much! :clapping:

So, only one Question from a Noob, that is willing to learn a bit more: what means the "cg" in CGPostion?

Tnx

Bragadox

CG= Center of Gravity

new statements since the Expansion Pak add cockpit offset postioioning in relation to aircraft CG. EVERY pre-SF2 aircraft has some displacement of the cockpit due to this new parameter.

Usually handled by raising, and moving forwared, the cockpit position in the _Cockpit.ini. I find moving it forwared between 0.10 and 0.25 usually fixes it. Sometimes a verical move of 0.20 moves the cockpit lods framing to just about where the external lod (ie: the aircraft itself) framining ise

One can also hide the cockpit frame nodes via a cockpit ini edit (can't remember where I saw, but it was just the other day. Corsair in Suez Expansion???? disremember...)

wrench

kevin stein

In f/a-18 data.ini change:

[AircraftData]

CGPosition=0.00,0.00,0.00 --------> to 0.00,0.35,0.00

:good:

Thanks!

CG= Center of Gravity

Thank you :good:

There´s another issue with the Pylons of the F/A-18E, but i think, that should be moved over to the Modding-Part of the Forum ... :grin:

-

The issue is?

The issue is?

Ah, the Creator of that wonderful Bird, aren´t you? :good:

When i switch to external view and place the camera in front or above the aircraft, the pylons (and the attached loadout) aren´t in line with the fuselage ... they aren´t "looking" straight forward (hard to explain with my poor english, sorry).

They seem to have an angle of about 5 deg. off of the fuselage, so that the loadout, especially long rockets like the HARM describing a slight "V" if looking from above.

(Sorry, no Screenshot at hand here atm ... but i can deliver one, when i´m back home) :heat:

Greetz

Braggel

Ahh no it's not an issue, that's the actual design:

http://worldwidewarpigs.blogspot.com/2009/01/super-hornet-stores-story.html

As the link will say, initial testing of straight in-line pylons had weapon seperation issues on the real plane, so Boeing had to angle them (4 and 3.5 degrees) so weapons would properly leave the aircraft.

Edited by EricJ

Ahh no it's not an issue, that's the actual design:

http://worldwidewarp...ores-story.html

As the link will say, initial testing of straight in-line pylons had weapon seperation issues on the real plane, so Boeing had to angle them (4 and 3.5 degrees) so weapons would properly leave the aircraft.

Oh... strange thing. That was just new to me. I never was aware of that, whilst looking at photographs of the SuperHornet.

In fact, i always found the F/A-18C-Series more beautiful and elegant in its design :grin: . Now, i know why ...

Angled pylons .... tztztztz :rolleyes:

Edited by bragadox