Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Policeman shot 1/2 mile from my House!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/10500315.stm

Hope the Police shoot him Dead..So, I don't have to waste my Tax Payers Money keeping this creature from the Bottom of a Pond alive.

I am not a violent man...But I hope he tries to break into my House...cos I have got something for him! :grin:

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

I am not a violent man...But I hope he tries to break into my House...cos I have got something for him! :grin:

I hope you're not thinking of taking a knife to a gunfight.....

Anyway, sad situation. Just another reason to be armed and ready.

I hope you're not thinking of taking a knife to a gunfight.....

Anyway, sad situation. Just another reason to be armed and ready.

I wouldn't dare in reality!....lol

He's on borrowed time anyhow... Armed Police from Manchester have been called in now...they don't f*ck about...he's a dead man walking

May the Police sniper's bullet travel straight and true. Prison's too good for this p***k.

Get yer Millwall brick ready for 'im Widow, old bean. :rofl:

F'n criminals seem to be more willing to take on the cops in recent years.

I agree with the belief "An armed society is a polite society." These pukes might think twice before they act if there was the possibility an armed citizen may be able to assist the victims or Police.

Will they still let you own medieval weaponry in the overly restrictive UK? Nothing like a crossbow bolt through the neck to discourage an intruder! :grin: And it makes a lovely gurgling sound as they get hung trying to run back out the door. Oh wait, thats a longbow shaft, the crossbow will likely go all the way through....my bad.

ZZ.

Edited by zoomzoom

Apart from guns, I think you can own pretty much any medieval style weapons, provided they stay in your house.

I have a medieval arsenal in mine!...I have a broadsword, two bows, two Katana's, a Rapier and a rather 'unpleasant' SS Dagger.

As there is now a £10,000 bounty, I may pop up into Northumberland, and do my 'Robin Hood' impersonation!

I like the idea of 'Stealing from the Rich'.....it's just the 'Giving to the Poor' bit I need to work on!! :lol:

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

The up side is he's on an island. A rather big one to be sure. But it is a more difficult to get off that than it is to just drive across the U S. Also, if it was a spur of the moment attack, the suspect has no plan. He'll go to ground in his "comfort zone". He'll be found with friends or family or a cheap hotel near them. When they find him he'll give up without a fight of kill himself. He's already proved he's a coward. That's the coward's way out.

The facts seems to be that Moat served his sentence and therefore the authorities had no grounds on which to further detain him. The fact that he has a massive chip on his shoulder about his (ex)missus allegedly seeing a cop - as evidenced by a 48 page letter to the Police - is evidence that he's now (if he wasn't before) a profoundly disturbed individual.

I vaguely know the area where he's supposed to be in hiding (UK_W probably knows it better), and Rothbury is a relatively isolated community in a relatively sparsely inhabited area of the North East, so it's not like he's got a lot of places into which he can disappear and intermingle with the locals, as would be the case in a city.

It's a tragedy for all involved that he's clearly not compus mentis, and who can say whether - for him, from his own POV - he doesn't want a shootout to take as many cops with him as possible? That is the message that the UK media (bless them) have been putting out.

I personally won't be cheering, whatever the outcome.

Actually its shoot to stop/neutralize the threat, not to kill. If you shoot to kill, the family of the dearly departed have a better wrongful death lawsuit against you and your department as you had a premeditated action which of course is to murder. The fact that the best way to stop the threat also happens to be a bullet through the eyebrow ridge to disconnect the brain which in most cases causes death, is unfortunate............

I was a cop for 24 years. Just retired end of March. The head shot is the snipers number one choice. After that the center mass (heart). Of course that's for planned SWAT type actions. In a sudden shootout head shots are unlikely. You shoot until the threat is ended. Usually means a lot of rounds center mass.

Yeah a .308 is a great round but shot placement is very important. If you don't cause enough rapid catastrophic damage the suspect still remains a threat if any of his motor functions still work. Just like turning your 6 to a smoking burning opponent in this game; he's gonna die but he can still get you.

"The man shot a cop, which means he will not hesitate to shoot a civilian."

In this case, the fugitive has a major league downer on the Police. Seemingly he blames them for destroying his home life, breaking up his marriage, etc. Given that he believes that a cop is knocking off his ex, it's hardly surprising that his targets have been (a) the cops, (b) the bloke his ex was with when he caught up with her (he died) and © his ex. It seems unlikely - although obviously not impossible - that he'll go on the rampage and take out people at random. It's all rather targetted. If it hadn't been, then one might have expected to hear of shootings in Rothbury, but that didn't occur. What's more, he actually held up a chippy the other night (allegedly) and ran off with some money without shooting anyone. I would have been tempted to also make off with haddock, a large chips, mushy peas, gravy and a buttered barm, but there you go.

I have to laugh, we had a cop killer recently killed here in Florida. The Medical Examiner wrote cause of Death as Natural Causes

A reporter asked the Chief of Police about it

His reply: ... 'Anybody shot 13 times, is naturally gonna die"

We :rofl:a total rampage guy (he'd shot cops and civilians, spraying bullets into crowds and such) go down in a shootout not far from here a few years ago. He got shot 72 times, a real Bonnie and Clyde type thing. When asked why they shot the guy that much, the police chief said, "That was all the ammo we had".

As Murphy's Laws of Combat clearly state: "Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice", and "When in doubt, empty the magazine". Words to live by:ok: .

We :rofl:a total rampage guy (he'd shot cops and civilians, spraying bullets into crowds and such) go down in a shootout not far from here a few years ago. He got shot 72 times, a real Bonnie and Clyde type thing. When asked why they shot the guy that much, the police chief said, "That was all the ammo we had".

As Murphy's Laws of Combat clearly state: "Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice", and "When in doubt, empty the magazine". Words to live by:ok: .

Reporter: Why'd you shoot him 15 times?

Cop: He kept moving. Every time I shot him, he moved.

Well, it looks like the Police now have Moat in a situation where they're parleying with him - I presume that they will be trying to end the episode without further bloodshed.

But, chin up, you never know, he might decide to go out in a welter of bullets and pain, which should at least provide subject matter for a few more posts.

I was a hostage negotiator for years. Its more likely they'll hear a single gunshot and find him dead than he comes out shooting. He's a weak willed women killer. He won't face a hail of gunfire. He kills himself or gets taken quietly after a stand off where he gets his last little bit of self perceived control.

With the demise of Moat..I find my attention turning to the two smeg-heads accused of Conspiracy to Murder.

Y'know...those brave friends, who supplied the weapons, the food, the Beer....who egged Moat on...who where there when Moat shot the Police Officer....but were too cowardly to pull the trigger themselves..but were perfectly at ease with themselves, watching the events spirral out of control.

Conspiracy to Murder, is worse than Murder itself in my book!...It shows up a cowardly scumbag in the light of day....

We all know people like them dont we?...the underminers, who sit in the shadows, like Grima Wormtongue from Lord of the Rings...pushing, goading, slimeing around!

I really hope they get what's coming to them

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Those moronic scum who have set up a memorial site to moat on facebook & who are treating him like a hero need to have all their benefits taken away from them!

he was nothing more than a cold blooded killer, and his victims didn't stand a chance-The poor cop who he shot in the face with a shotgun at close range will never see again,

Good riddance to bad rubbish, let him rot in hell!

Yes, I have cruised around those sites on Facebook, and have to say I cannot understand why this Paranoid, drug addicted Wife beater has such a large following...by Women!

Now, I'm no Sigmund Freud...But doesn't it make you wonder how some women can be really REALLY weirdly Stupid?

Now, I'm no Sigmund Freud...But doesn't it make you wonder how some women can be really REALLY weirdly Stupid?

I think Bill Hicks said it best in this song: Chicks Dig Jerks

Edited by Bullethead