Sign in to follow this  
quack74

How to create a second install of FE2?

I just created a second install of FE2. I named it "Austria-Italy". Now when asked where to install I typed in C: Program filesx86/ Thirdwire/ Austria-Italy.

It worked and it created the C:Saved Games/ Thirdwire/ Austria-Italy mods files. BUT now when I want to update this install with the latest patches, the patch install tells me it cant locate the "FirstEagles2" install. When I try to install the patch I put in the address where my new install is located C:ProgramFilesx86/ Thirwire/ Austria-Italy. But no go. The patch wont recognize the Austria-Italy name.

I've tried to change the names of the Austria-Italy.exe back to FE2.exe in program files. And then change the SavedGames/ Thirwire/ Austria-Italy back to FE2 as well. I changed them lines inside the Options.ini to read FE2 instead of Aust-Italy. And at the very bottom of the Options.ini there is a line for [MergedTitles]. I had Austria-Italy=TRUE but changed it back to FirstEagles2=TRUE.

When I got everything back to default settings and names (that I know of) I was able to install any patch. But when I ran the sim it would crash at the SingleMission or Campaign screens. It wasnt just the June2010 patch either.

Can someone tell me how to properly do a second install for FE2. I hope what I wrote wasnt too confusing:dntknw: . Thanks all

Ok stand by, this is going to be easy.

Right click and copy the FE2.exe and paste it in the same folder if you want. It will be named FE2 - copy .exe or something like that. Then rename it to whatever you want, then run it once, it will create a new folder in your saved games folder the exact name you just named it. There you go, instant second install.

Thanks Dave72 :good: . Can you update it with new patches since it has a new name?

Well I guess if I update the original install it should update the new second install automatically right? They both use the same stock files and engine right? Well it works so far. Thanks Dave72. I guess it was easy enough huh :blink: .

Glad it worked out for you.

Hi, have a question. whe you create the modded folder, do youstill have to move evrything from the old folder you were using to the new one when a new patch gets released every time. is there no quick edit? I am goinf from the May patch to the june or july patch install. I did like you mentioend above, copy the exe and create a second mod folder, but then i have to move my old stuff to tge new and it takes forever. want to see if theres a quicker way.