Sign in to follow this  
Gyre

Cat 4.7s good for me!

X800pro here, and the previous driver releases haven't done much to make me glad I upgraded from my 9700pro UNTIL these. These drivers have really improved smoothness in LOMAC for me. Maybe they'll work for you (knock on wood).http:// www.rage3d.com/

Gyre

Edited by Gyre

Just went from the 4.1 to the 4.7 and I have a 9800XT. I haven't played much since making the change, but I post back later to let everyone know if and how much the differece is that I experience.

I am experiencing a rather benign performance. I see none of the preoblems that some others are experiencing. I did have an increase of frame rates, but do not know if it is the drivers or settings presenting the change. I have turned nearly all sounds off or nearly off(crapy way to play as I feel the immersion factor has almost been eliminated). Still using medium graphics setting, and the only display anomoly I've seen has been when setting the water to low. I get what looks like an oil slick where the water should be, and bands of purple grids cutting through them. Only on the low setting, at the usual medium all is okay.

No great improvement, no terrible performance either. At least none that I can discern.