Sign in to follow this  
vonOben

Question about pilot always leads and rank

Hi

In the OFF tips & cheats thread uncleal wrote:

"I'd select: Player always leads, enlisting my pilot in one of the top 2 ranks possible for that nationality"

Why select one of the top 2 ranks?

Is it because historically the flight leader had high rank or is it something OFF related? :unsure:

Cheers

vonOben

Edited by vonOben

Think, UncleAl does it for the correctness of ranks, vonOben.

You can be leader of German flights as a Leutnant, although there are Oberleutnants with you.

Not sure about the Entente, but should be similar.

vonOben, as far as I know, you can simply choose that you always want to lead and it won't matter a tick what your rank is. But if you do wish to be a bit more "historically" correct you should be at least of 1st Lieutenant grade, or above, to be given that kind of responsibility on a regular basis.

Cheers!

Lou

Hi guys

Yes, I assumed it was to be historically correct, but you never know if you don't ask. :wink2:

Thanks!

You are a very kind and helpful bunch over hear. :good:

Cheers

vonOben

At the French, Alfred Heurteaux has led since November 1916 the Escadrille N3 (later SPA3, the best of the best) as a simple Lieutenant, while there were in the Squadron five Capitaines higher in rank than him. That shocked the French hierarchy, not the frontline pilots who respected skillfulness above everything else.