Aeritalia G.91Y

The G 91Y was a tactical fighter-bomber and reconnaissance aircraft capable of carrying out direct support, close interdiction, photographic reconnaissance and air combat missions.

Instructions:

This aircraft is for SF2, SF2V, SF2I and SF2E last patch.

1) Unzip the file G91Y.rar

2) Copy Object and Sounds folders into your mods folder (for example: C:\Documents and Settings\MyAccount\Documents\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Europe\...).

For people with 4/3 monitors : remember to change the entries into G91Y.ini for Loading / HangarScreen.

Animation 1: canopy open

In order to open the drag-chute land with the airbrakes open.

As the real one this model can reach speed over the airframe limit , be careful with the afterburner.

README file included

Credits:

kreelin for the great FM; thanks a lot Andriam

Spillone104 for the jet sound, photos and suggestions during beta testing

Steve S for the invaluable infos about the cockpit , grazie Stefano

bobrock, Soulfreak, Dave, Canadair, 76.IAP-Blackbird, Veltro2k and Nghengo as beta testers

myself ... 3D, skins, pit, blood and tears.

Thank you very much guys.

Last UpDate 14/03/2011 – Ver.2.0

Various improvements; now compatible with Expansion2

Thank you to Veltro2k, Spillone104, X-RAY, "the test pilot", paulopanz and suhsjake for the kind support as beta tester.

Every part of this mod can be used into others mods only if the final product is free of charge for the community and proper credits are listed into the product itself.

Enrico "ErikGen" Gennari

Thanks a lot folks, and congratulations for this wonderfull job :clapping:

Nice, are you planning to do more variants?

Which variants? We could have the G.91YS but Swiss Air force preferred the Northrop F5 :blum: .

Hi Enrico. First flight was superb. Bravo!

Out of interest, and because I've never seen it before, could I ask you why have you used dds format for the skins and not bmp?

Skin weight 2048x2048 --> BMP=12MB DDS=2MB.

Thank you Spinner.

Edited by ErikGen

Great work Enrico my friend! :good:

My new favorite toy... :drinks:

Hi, cant remember but the sfp1 had several ginas. see here are under variants:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G91

G.91 - Prototypes and pre-production aircraft.

G.91R/1 - Light attack/reconnaissance aircraft, fitted with modified nose housing three cameras.[23]

G.91R/1A - Revised instrumentation.[23]

G.91R/1B - Strengthened airframe.[23]

G.91R/3 - Single-seat ground-attack, reconnaissance version for the Luftwaffe. Powered by a Rolls-Royce Orpheus turbojet engine. Armed with two 30 mm DEFA cannons.

G.91R/4 - Similar to the G.91R/3, but armed with four 12.7 mm (0.5 in) Colt-Browning machine guns. Powered by a Rolls-Royce Orpheus turbojet engine.

G.91T/1 - Trainer version of G.91R/1 for Italian Air Force.

G.91T/3 - Trainer version for Luftwaffe.

G.91PAN - Aerobatic display aircraft for Frecce Tricolori, converted from pre-production G.91s.

Simply awesome! :clapping:

Many thanks!

I know ...all the G91R here at CAce are my models ... and yes, in the future i will make new G91R/T for SF2 but the G91Y isnt a variant of the G91R. They are very differents airplanes .

:bye:

Edited by ErikGen

It was a beautiful plane and this is a beautiful mod. Excellent work Enrico drinks.gif

Last UpDate 14/03/2011 – Ver.2.0

Various improvements; now compatible with Expansion2.

Thank you to Veltro2k, Spillone104, X-RAY, "the test pilot", paulopanz and suhsjake for the kind support as beta tester.

It's just me or anyone also got this problem?dntknw.gif ; This aircraft was invisible in the game. Any suggestions?

Sorry for my poor english.

ErikGen, or anyone else who know, what does it takes to make an aircraft "compatible with Expansion2"?

Agaphe, do you mean that the aicraft is playable but not visible in external view or that you cannot select the airplane at all? In the latter case, check that you installed it correctly.

Edited by FrankD

Agaphe, please, give us a hint about wich game you are using; are all files in the right place?

Frank, the compatibily takes that the aircraft has been tested under Exp.2 and uses the new features available.

Edited by ErikGen

SF2 Merged with June 2010 patch. Ahyikes.gif, maybe it caused by the aircraft's newer models (as you mean 'Compatible for Exp 2).yikes.gif So maybe you can post the older ones here?Salute.gif

Edited by Agaphe

If this is the problem i'll do an update of the update, of course ... but Frank question (what do you mean with invisible) remains.

Oh, i mean the aircraft is playable, but not visible in external view. My install doesn't including Expansion Pack (I don't have enough money to buy itblink.gif). Yes, but maybe you can upload it separately (just for june 2010). As you said; this is compatible for EXP2. So, the new features in EXP2 in this files will still remain and don't need to downgrade this one good.gif. Thanks for your help, sirSalute.gif

Agaphe, the download section have the capability to store the previous version and make it available with the new one but i did a mistake and the old one is gone, sorry.

At this moment i cant instal SF2 with June 2010 patch; fortunately i'm able to use the old exporter to remake LODs (external and pit).

Please, could you make some test and give me feedback about?

Thank you very much.

G91Y_JunePatch_LODs.zip

WOW!! It worked!good.gifIt's true, coz I have same issue with your newer Tu-28/128 Fiddler too. Thank you.good.gif I'll provide more feedback later....bye.gif

ErikGen, or anyone else who know, what does it takes to make an aircraft "compatible with Expansion2"?

I'm not a 3D artist and I can't explain all new parameters but the G-91Y, the Fiddler and the Voodoo had their shadows lost ....

.... I can't understand which is the issue, because for me the plane is in game and it's realy fantastic!

Paul