Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

Player Flight Altitude question

My OFF: BH&H installation got corrupted somehow (probably from over-use!) so I just uninstalled and re-installed everything, including HitR, the Superpatch and all mini patches up to 1.47. The challenge I am having is that I started a campaign in 1917 and I set Player flight altitude to 10,000 feet, but whenever I use Warp to Next waypoint, I always zoom up to 20,000 feet which is waaaay above all enemy flights. I tried setting it as low as 3,000 feet but it seems to ignore the setting and always bring me to 20k feet as soon as I warp. Besides the obvious - don't warp - which I really need to do or it takes too long to get to the combat sequences to film, how do I correct this? I don't remember it having this issue before. Anyone have any ideas? Any help is appreciated, as always.

Hellshade

Must be something to do with Your Puter. a couple thousand feet above, schitt happens. But 10,000 feet . . . I know if it was happening to me . . purely out of curiousity. . I'd leave ( Z ) up showing me my actual altitude

Perhaps you made too many videos, and this a being done as Revenge

Z is where I am getting the altitude reading from.

Hellshade

Well, the top tick box is for 18.000 feet in my OFF Workshop.

The medium one for 10.000 feet, and the low one for 3.000 feet.

I don't want to make you look stupid, but I myself have sometime gotten things wrong,

simply because I only did believe I knew what I had done. On second looks, I found,

I shouldn't trust my beliefs.

:drinks:

I've tried all three settings in the workshop and it doesn't seem to make a difference. I even exited the program and re-loaded it up in case it was session based like the AI aggressiveness. No joy. Oddly enough, I started a new campaign with a different pilot in a different squadron and the problem doesn't exist for him. Only with the RNAS 10 pilot. Strange indeed.

Hellshade

Hmmm - then this pilot might be corrupted.

If you haven't already achieved much with him, you could leave him alone

and start another pilot in the same squadron, same date - to see if he works better?

Hellshade, there is a "Manual Install" button in Workshop that resets OFF

And there's a "Reset cfs3" button there too

These two can resolve a lot of quarky issues without going through the whole re-instll procedure

All your pilot data will be lost and eveything will be reset to defaults though

You can also use Herr Prop Wasche's utility to save and recover pilot info too

HTH,

Set the , and . in regional settings before install?