Sign in to follow this  
navychief

A Letter from Charlie Daniels

The following is a letter written by Charlie Daniels. It is from his website at:

http://www.charliedaniels.com/soapbox/04/037.html

Prisoners

I would never mistreat one of my horses, one of my cows nor my dog or cat, much less mistreat another human being. Therefore I am just as shocked and outraged about the treatment of the prisoners in Iraq as anybody is.

I think, no I know, it’s deplorable and the people responsible should be sought out and punished.

Now having said that let me say this.

This thing has been blown so far out of proportion it’s a wonder it doesn’t explode.

I was in Germany during the high point of the controversy and about the only English speaking channels I could get were BBC and CNN. Well take the anti-American position of CNN America and multiply it by ten, and then you’ve got CNN International.

If the BBC represented, which it doesn’t, the opinions of the majority of the British people we would have to consider England an enemy.

It is so blatantly anti-American. They spent hours and hours on the Iraqi prisoner abuses. You would think that it was the only thing happening in the world.

I heard one woman anchor ask, “Will the Americans ever be able to take the moral high ground again?”

That’s not only stupid, it’s insulting and asinine. A handful of people out of a population of two hundred and sixty million plus go rogues and this ignorant wench condemns the whole nation? Should we condemn the whole of the British Isles because of Kim Philby, the English traitor who helped give Russia our nuclear secrets?

I dare say his actions caused ten million times the pain and anguish than those of a few outlaw American soldiers.

Where were you BBC and CNN when our American citizens were

hung from a bridge and set on fire in Iraq? Where were you when Idi Amin was dragging our dead soldier around the dusty streets of Somalia?

Did you devote hour after hour of coverage condemning the

monsters? Did you continue to show the awful images almost non-stop and call in puffed up, so called experts to tell us just how bad the events were.

Hell no you didn’t.

And you Ted Kennedy, you supercilious old gas bag, how dare you compare the acts of a few soldiers to the murderous regime of Saddam Hussein.

Senator, in case you hadn’t noticed no one died here. In fact your car has killed more people than these misguided soldiers did.

(YOU GO, CHARLIE!!....sorry, I couldn't help it.....Navy Chief)

We have 130,000 military personnel in Iraq. How many were involved in this atrocity? 10? 20? 30? And yet to listen to Kennedy and his ilk, or the major media you would think that they were all involved.

Let’s look at this thing for what it is. An isolated incident which does not in any way, shape or form represent the character of the fine young men and women who serve in our Armed Forces.

This is the third time Senator Kennedy, but I’ll extend the invitation again.

How about you, me and a camera crew hopping on a plane and going over to Iraq and Afghanistan and talk to the men and women who are fighting the war, so you can get a little attitude adjustment? Or had you rather continue to be blinded to reality by your hatred of our Commander and Chief?

Check your calendar, we’re trying to put a trip together for November.

Pray for our troops.

What do you think?

God Bless America

Charlie Daniels

Charlie all I can say is..."YOU DA MAN!!!!!"

The writer makes some good points.

Unfortunately, the damage may have been done already to the Bush campaign.

It is up to the people now.

The John Profumo scandal in 1962 made the UK government lose the election then. And it was just a minister sleeping with a tart, Christine Keeler.

Saw a movie about last night--very good it was, too.

The people always vote the politcians (rascals or not) in and out of office--the best advantage of democracy. Let us wait and see.

Senator, in case you hadn’t noticed no one died here. In fact your car has killed more people than these misguided soldiers did.

(YOU GO, CHARLIE!!....sorry, I couldn't help it.....Navy Chief)

Hell Yes! I fully agree Chief,anytime that walking piece of whale crap talks about 'morals','accoutability''honor' I actually feel my stomach go into convulsions.what the numbnuts did in the prision WAS wrong,actually it was idiotic(if you gonnas do that least have the common sense god gave a flea) and Stupid for it being taped and photos...actually the the dogs barking DO scare the crap out of the prisioner and bet it DID get some rather quick replies....but back to the great white whale of the north...ted is proof that if you do have PRIVILEDGE(i.e Money,which was gained Illegally LOL) you DO get away with plain ole murder(or perjury or treason)...

The people always vote the politcians (rascals or not) in and out of office--the best advantage of democracy. Let us wait and see.

No they dont,not allways,ted being a very primo example of it...