Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

I found something I'd nearly forgotten about.....

This should probably go in the video's thread, but I feel this is a better place. And a better "subject matter" video.

Those of us here in the US, and especially in my age group (50 and older), will probably remember this little "spot" that used to usually be played at the end of the broadcast day. Sometimes, it was just used as a filler. Back in the 1960s, when most TV was still being transmitted in black and white....

Our friends in Europe and Asia might not have ever seen this before. I can't remember the code for embedding the vid, so here's the direct link

Still chokes me up, 45+ years later.

Enjoy!

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

This is the one I remember seeing all the time when I was going through pilot training:

FC

don't know who the speaker is, but it's not Mr. Heston.

FC, I remember seeing the T-38 one a few times too!

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

i still remember the sound of f-104, although they were dismissed in greece since 1992....comparing to f-4e, f16 and a-7,this sound reminded me that f-104 was a real mach2 beater :)

Wrench,

The last time I recall seeing "High Flight" was during the Spring break of my freshman year in high school...easy to recall, as by then (1973) the NYC-area network affiliates (ABC, CBS, NBC) didn't sign off on weekdays until after 3:00 AM :grin:

To those of you who weren't around during the 60s, most networks signed off for the night between midnight and 1:30 AM, except on Fridays and Saturdays, leaving one to stare at a test pattern, like the one below.... :yikes:

TV%20Test%20Pattern.jpg

Ah, the Widowmaker! (well, actually not, as it's not the German one)...that's where I got my name from