Sign in to follow this  
perth

OFF PHASE4

Having just upgraded my computer to dual core and purchased a new graphic card , i now have a computer which will comfortably run my copy of OFF PHASE 2. I was considering purchasing OFF PHASE 3 but understand PHASE 4 is in development. Will PHASE 4 be released this year ? and if i purchase PHASE 3 in the interim, will i be able to upgrade to PHASE 4 by a simple download add on?.

Hi perth,

Welcome aboard OFF

I can understand your question as sound financial thinking

But the OFF Devs never post release dates until release is immenent

I'm not a Dev but have been around since P1 days so here's my best estimate

P4 is in development but this sim is based on quality not deadlines

Most of the current P4 talk has been initiated by us end-users

We realize if you don't get your suggestion in early, there's little chance of it making it into the next Phase

I'd say there's still quite a bit of programming to do, alpha/beta testing, tweaking etc.

P3 is well worth the investment and is a huge advancement over P2

...but it's your nickel

HTH,

P.S. Oh, almost forgot ...new guy buys the drinks! :drinks:

Welcome Perth,

Well I can only say that P3 with HIT expansion pack is a wonderful product.

I spend hours each day trying to shoot down EA.

Get P3 and HIT and enjoy WW1 air combat because the Dev team have only spoken about P4 (I have not seen a screenshot yet).

Its like the German Air Service promising us new aircraft to shoot down Crumpets but we have to wait months to fly the new aircraft.

New pilot buys the drinks. I will love a Rum & Coke pls.

Cheers

M

I do think it a fair question to ask if Phase 4 is shortly due or still a long way off.

If I had phase 2 and now bought phase 3 et al, and then found phase 4 out in 3 months time or less, I would be a little miffed.!

Certainly the question, as to whether Phase 4 will be a complete stand alone sim , or whether an add on to phase 3 can bought to bring it to phase 4, is worthy of a definite answer from the devs.

I can't speak for OBD Software, but as an end user I can say that I would feel very comfortable buying Between Heaven & Hell and the Hat in the Ring expansion at this time. They have not even released a single screenshot of Phase 4 yet. That's a pretty good sign that it remains very much in development and won't be released for a significant period of time, IMHO. Besides, at about $40 for both P3 and the expansion, you just can't go wrong. There's too much to do and experience for a bargain price there and the quality and content of both packages is head and shoulders above the Phase 2 freeware. It is, of course, your dime but I think we all will be waiting for quite some time before P4 is ready. The Devs do tend to shoot for perfection and that takes time. In the meantime, check out the Screenshots and Videos sticky threads to see just how much better P3 looks and plays than P2. It really is a world of difference. Even if P4 came out by Christmas, I'd still say less than $10 per month for all the hours of enjoyment you would get would be well worth it.

Hellshade

Perth, I know and am flying P3 plus "Hat in the Ring" add-on,

and if I had the same knowledge, but not the above products, I would get them,

even if I knew P4 might appear next Christmas (which we don't know at all).

Why should I wait soooo long?

The price is so low now, it's a bargain!

:grin: I agree, The product and support of the game is a good deal. I play it and its fun. Its well worth the price.:good:

:drinks:

Edited by carrick58

when he asks.... :rofl:

You guys kill me... :grin:

We have no release date yet and are still working away so can't say when it will be out for sure, but anyone would have plenty of time to play P3 before P4 appears.

P4 will be standalone as we currently see it, but as always things can change and we have not decided all the details yet so - no promises at this stage. When we are ready to give out details you'll know about it ;)

oh yeah 2 weeks Carrick spot on :crazy::yikes:

:idea: 2 Weeks ? :rofl::grin::bye:

Two Alaska type weeks maybe...where each day and night is about 6 months long. :rofl:

Hellshade

hee, hee, hee...I think it's less than a good sign when Pol states "we have no release date yet", and in particular when you consider that his earlier reply of "soon" to the question of the release date for HITR proved to be about four months. Rather like when your doctor says, "you may experience some discomfort at this point". Could be a slight underestimate. :biggrin:

BTW, welcome to the OFF skies Perth. I'll have a pinta' Newcastle Summer Ale, thank you very much.

:drinks:

Cheers!

Lou

perth, to bring some sense into this thread:

please send me a PM with your hometown and country/state - I'll add you to the

OFF Forum Pilots Maps then. thanks!