index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=11147

File Name: Mitsubishi F-1

File Submitter: Veltro2k

File Submitted: 12 July 2010

File Updated: 13 July 2010

File Category: Heavy Bombers and Multi Engined Aircraft

The Mitsubishi F-1 is Japan's first, post WWII, domestically developed jet fighter, and was the first fighter to enter production in Japan since the end of World War II. Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and Fuji Heavy Industries jointly developed the F-1. At first glance, it resembles the French/Anglo SEPECAT Jaguar, but was a completely independent Japanese effort.

Cockpit:F4J cockpit Credit goest to its briliant creator :clapping:

THIS MODEL IS ONLY TO BE DISTRIBUTED AS FREEWARE AND IN NO OTHER CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL IT BE USED, EVEN IN PART OF ANYTHING THAT IS PAYWARE. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE COMBAT ACE MODDERS AGREEMENT

Click here to download this file

• Like 1

Someone kindly pointed out that i forgot to include the Lod files for the tank..(((((Old age showwing.....)) here is the file i also updated the original file to include it, but to avoid downloading the whole file again here is the tank lod..unzip and add to weapons folder

Ed

F-1 tank LOD.zip

Thank you very much for this magnificent airplane.

Every day more surprised with their excellent models.

Their work quality is always improving and progressing.

As always I say.

I congratulate you and you are a person to admire for their dedication and effort.

Gracias Veltro2K

Saludos

Marcos

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA

TermiSpinneitor lmaosmiley.gif

MiniGun.gifMiniGun.gif

You wanted to destroy the entire place.

DAMN DeMent

Tip! The engines are way too powerful (about 60%).

use the thrust specs off the Jaguar, they're within a couple of percentage points:

SLThrustDry=23900.00

SLThrustWet=35800.00

I"ll have an SF2 version, hopefully, by the weekend.

wrench

kevin stein

Tip! The engines are way too powerful (about 60%).

Might as well bring the internal fuel back from 6540 kg to 3054 kg ( reduce the amount per fuel tank from 1635kg to 768 kg ) and reduce the empty weight to 6358 kg

Guess both items will make quite a difference, though except for the powerfull engines the FM is nice enough as it is and it would be a pity if the whole thing would have to be rebuilt ...

And a question to Wrench: a loooooong time ago you had a tweak by which the framework in the windshield of the F 4 pit could be removed (in two steps). Can't look it up now as I am in my office, but it might be a nice addition in this case as the F1 has a single piece windshield....

But a sweet plane it is Veltro, thanks a lot :good:

Hou doe,

Derk

Edited by Derk

sory FM's are not my Forte

sory FM's are not my Forte

Hey, don't worry a bit, you're the top , and it flies verrrrrrry well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.:good: :good: :good: And things can be adapted very easily in these games. Please go on with your superb work. Whenver you come over to Holland (sentimental journey), I'll buy you a lot of beer:drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: in het Zwaantje in Soesterberg .............

Hou doe,

Derk

Edited by Derk

Hey, don't worry a bit, you're the top , and it flies verrrrrrry well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.:good: :good: :good: And things can be adapted very easily in these games. Please go on with your superb work. Whenver you come over to Holland (sentimental journey), I'll buy you a lot of beer:drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: in het Zwaantje in Soesterberg .............

Hou doe,

Derk

duizend maal dank Derk

but Im afraid that due to many reasons, main being , apart with some help I received by some great people,,its still basicaly just me and i dont like begging, so, my modeling days will be ending soon

fixed the airbrakes, thrust and fuel....still having problems with the Aileron/Flaps =Flaperons

while looking for something for korea, I stumbled across the Bruindo "Famous Airplanes of the World" book on F-1. Unfortunately, it's all in Japanese ... Gives all the serial numbers, so I"ll be making new decals for it too.

also tweekified the loadouts; this thing carries ALL kinds of heavy iron! Avionics, to activate TEWS (sf2only), mostly small stuff

but it flys nice, and I'm enjoying the hell out of it!

wrench

kevin stein

Might as well bring the internal fuel back from 6540 kg to 3054 kg ( reduce the amount per fuel tank from 1635kg to 768 kg ) and reduce the empty weight to 6358 kg

Guess both items will make quite a difference, though except for the powerfull engines the FM is nice enough as it is and it would be a pity if the whole thing would have to be rebuilt ...

And a question to Wrench: a loooooong time ago you had a tweak by which the framework in the windshield of the F 4 pit could be removed (in two steps). Can't look it up now as I am in my office, but it might be a nice addition in this case as the F1 has a single piece windshield....

But a sweet plane it is Veltro, thanks a lot :good:

Hou doe,

Derk

Do tell about said framework tweak, I would love to play with that.

Mh I took a look at your mapping, you can easily put all UV Coordinates on one BMP, you have there some parts unnessesary large in comparison with other more important parts like, fuselage, wings etc. So save some space, make the parts like airbrakes and gearbay doors smaler. Just compare it yourself and you will notice that you can put all parts of this plane on one BMP ;)

Ed, maybe a picture can help you more. This is how i do the mapping, wich is not perfect, but you can save space on the bitmaps. First start with the big main parts like fuselage and wings.

post-2314-003132900 1279197936.jpg

1. "ApplyUVW" and use edit to open this window.

2. Select either points or surfaces, that´s up to you, but select all!

3. Use one of the mapping options. Wich one´s the best is try and error.

4. With these tools you can move, rotate and scale single or selected parts.

Now move the stuff so it fills the bitmap nicely. When i have mapped one part, to know where it is, i use a program called "Lithunwrap" (Look HERE). You can export the part in 3DS format and open it in Lithunwrap. Then use "Generate Bitmap" and you have a Bitmap with the part showed as outlined and coloured skin. Copy that into your skin bitmap as new layer and remove the not used (black) background. Then you can perfectly move other parts next to the one allready mapped!

Hope this helps. If you still need help, don´t be shy. And asking "How are you doing this?" is not begging, my friend, it´s just interest in something! :grin: We all don´t know if you need help, we can (and will) assist. Hell, if i hadn´t asked for help about hundred of times, i still would sit in front of the screen, scratching my head! LOL

true words, same here, we have a Question & Answer Topic in the german forum, all regarding 3D modeling and mapping, most of the question are from me :grin:

Already posted the same example in the WIP thread using an F-1. What's the point of giving sound advice if it's ignored?

I would personally start with this tutorial right here:

http://www.waylon-art.com/uvw_tutorial/uvwtut_01.html

I use the Box Mapping function while having all the meshes as elements of one mesh...doing this BEFORE I start animating anything. I find that's a good starting point for mapping in that now you have the same size maps in alignment.

Before:

Before.jpg

After:

After.jpg

Again, this makes a great starting point. You can now resize, rotate or select parts and move them off to one side for later, etc. While keeping nice, line matching alignments.

FC

Just select each element and do left/right or up/down or back/front mapping as it minimizes the amount of errors you get compared to the box mapping which tends to not put the seams where you want them. Use cylindrical mapping for things like struts.

But you can adjust the seams using detach, left/right/front/back/top/bottom map, then stitch to get nice looking maps and have proper alignments. Box mapping is only the start. Better and faster then trying to align everything by hand. And I'll agree that for small parts (such as landing gear), line alignments aren't as critical, so cylindrical mapping is much better.

FC

Ok condensed it a bit and only one map

post-11906-033370100 1279220771.jpg