Sign in to follow this  
ArgonV

New FS-WWI Projects!

Over the next several months FS-WWI will be getting a host of new aircraft. I'd like to share what some of those will be!

First up the Caproni Ca.42. This was started by Wakeup Tailgunner (3d model) and myself almost 9 years ago. The project was dropped because we got busy with other aircraft and this one would always crash the game. Well that problem is now fixed! I am still working on 3d model refinements, a cockpit and a refreshed texture.

Ca42Fuse.jpg

Ca42Form.jpg

Next the R.A.F. F.E.4. This aircraft 3d model is by LesterBoffo from the Targetware: Richthofen's Skies group. He first brought us the R.E.8, and now this is getting prepared to be imported into the game by me.

FE4.jpg

Now we have something completely different, the Caudron N Racer from 1912. This is the first of what I hope will be many pre-war aircraft into FS-WWI. LesterBoffo once again is the creator of this 3d model, and he is doing the importing process himself with a little help from me.

framn23.jpg

Lastly, the Morane L! This was just started by LesterBoffo, and the 3d model is not yet complete. Him and I will import it into the game once the projects listed above become more or less finished.

smd10.jpg

I hope this spurs some interest for this old gem of a mod! The fun never ends. :D

Edited by ArgonV

this "old gem of a mod" is still on my HDD somewhere :ok:

Great work ArgonV, as usual

Will I have a Snipe before OFF brings one out?

Thanks Stary!

Widowmaker, probably not... :( That and a Nieuport 28 are on my wish list.

Will this work on Win 7? If so I guess I have to reload it.

Yes, totally. I'm running on Win 7 64 Ultimate. Also, a new Patch is being created to take advantage of widescreen resolutions and to fix the horrid texture banding with new graphics cards.

Edited by ArgonV

Ok, most of the damage model is in place and working. Rear gunners are in, prop generators are in, low detail lods for the wheels and engines are in, 3d shadow is in, as are the flares for night missions.

I still need to add the ripped off wing damage model bits, as well as tweak the collision points. Then, on to the cockpit and rigging! And lastly, I need to spruce up the texture a bit for the wings, hstabs and do the damaged textures.

Ca42Newer.jpg

Ca42Rear.jpg

Anyone have any decent cockpit photos of this thing?

Today I sat down and hacked together a more decent looking skin. The one it had was... Low res and blurry. I'd been slowly putting one together bits at a time, as you can see in the older screenshots. This is a hack job, and it needs to be weathered and probably color corrected but it's making this kite look real good!

Ca42Angle.jpg

Ca42Left.jpg

Ca42Top.jpg

Ca42Bottom.jpg

Ca42Front.jpg