Sign in to follow this  
raymy

saitek x52 Noob

hi everyone, i need some help please. ive recently upgraded my stick from a st290pro to a x52standard, now after much searching im getting frustrated trying to find profiles for my sims, i have the new sst profiler software, and the profiles im looking for are to use in fsx,fs2004,lomac,dcs blackshark,falcon 4.0 and il-1946,i found plenty of the old .dat files but not the new .pro files if anyone could send me links to any of these profiles i would be very grateful. im a pretty expereinced flightsimmer,but always with standard sticks,and ive been scratching my head with this thing all morning!lol,if i could get a few of these profiles im sure ill be able to tweak them to my liking after that. thanks again ;)

Only 107?:heat:

Raymy, my advice is "make your own profile". I tried downloading them from internet at first (specially for EECH), but I never felt comfortable with them.

Just out of general couriousity, how many functions are possible with an X52 ?

Well i think its over 200 when you use the 3 main modes and the pinky switch modifer on those 3 modes again! im gettin somewhere with it now just started to build my own profile for lomac,got a nice setup for the a-10 that im happy with, just all my other sims to go through....... ;)

I know I've said it before but you can use the X52 throttle separately from the stick, ie, Uncleal could use that EVO FFB with the x52 throttle. The stick with the X52 has some nice functions but like all other sticks you can wear parts out. I lost the pinkie switch on mine. Like Al I fly mainly WW1 so it is not a problem and all the other functions work, but my favorite part of the stick is the throttle.

Beard

Just out of general couriousity, how many functions are possible with an X52 ?

I think there are 14 buttons+2 rotary controls+1 slide control+mouse controls (ministick+wheel+mouse buttons)+3 hat sitchs (max 8 positions each switch. One of them is usually the POW control, so we can count just 2, unles you have TrackIR). And there are 6 modes for each one. So just imagine. Only problem is who needs all those functions and who can remember them all? (unles you want to keep several configurations in a single profile or something like that)

Edited by shotdown

My stick has4 buttons, twoo for throotle, one for the guns, another one for missiles, and a secondary throotle on the base. It took 20€ and i´m quite happy with it, all other functions, including the rudder and everything else, are on the keyboard. I suggest to keep it simple.