Sign in to follow this  
Skyviper

Top Gun Video Game

800px-F-14_Tomcat_DF-SD-06-03497.jpg

Do think they should make a Top Gun Video Game for today? Maybe they could have the tutorials of the game take place at the academy and the actual campaign take place near the indian ocean. Players could do fighter bomber missions and since the F-14(the sexiest plane ever) is the only cratt in the game then cockpit, and skin details should be off the charts good! I mean everything should be working ILS CCIP gears flaps hook etc etc.

Thoughts?

I would enjoy a sim like that. I played that TopGun flight "sim" by Spectrum Holobyte. I enjoyed having the rio conversation dynamic. I also liked the game's briefings done by the "cargo plane full of rubber dog shiz out of Hong Kong" guy.

I might be goofy for saying so but I don't care. I'd like a TopGun RPG flight sim. Have a true F-14 sim modeled with TopGun training and campaign plus the ability to sit in a virtual briefing room with Viper and the guys and to sit around the cafe while Goose plays Great Balls of Fire on the piano. I could do without the beach volleyball however. :haha:

and since the F-14(the sexiest plane ever) is the only cratt in the game then cockpit, and skin details should be off the charts good! I mean everything should be working ILS CCIP gears flaps hook etc etc.

Thoughts?

The real fighter weapon school during its heyday in the 80's hosted squadrons that operated a wide array of naval aircraft F-14A/F-14B/ F-4S/F-4N/F-4J/F-18A/AV-8A/AV-8B/ A-7E and even hosted some Air force types .

the worst part of that movie in my opinion was that it failed to capture the variety of aircraft involved in the training.

Edited by Icarus999

I'd like a devoted A-7 sim. Just one of those planes I really like.

Well yes but Thirdwire will be doing an F-14 version too around December and also we have a Great F-14 A & B from Mirage Factoy too!

You are a wet blanket, and who the hell cares. Everyone who enjoyed the movie got what they wanted out of it, doesn't matter if it was Tom Cruise, the F-14, Kelly McGillis, or men in shorts playing volleyball.

If you can't contribute to the purpose of the thread, then don't post.

FC

I remember that SpecHolo "sim" too. I don't think I ever made it past one mission in the middle. The trouble with scripted campaigns is sometimes there's a "trick" to winning a mission that normal tactics will cause you to fail every attempt and I think it was one of those. I tried it maybe 10 times over the course of a few months then said to hell with it and gave up permanently.

Of course, back then new flight sims were coming out almost monthly. In addition to Spec Holo, sims would come out from Origin, Microprose, Sierra/Dynamix, iMagic, DID, DD, Novalogic, ED (Flanker was 1995), Empire/Rowan, even Eidos.

The real fighter weapon school during its heyday in the 80's hosted squadrons that operated a wide array of naval aircraft F-14A/F-14B/ F-4S/F-4N/F-4J/F-18A/AV-8A/AV-8B/ A-7E and even hosted some Air force types .

the worst part of that movie in my opinion was that it failed to capture the variety of aircraft involved in the training.

That's cool! And that would've been cool if they showed the rest of them too.