Sign in to follow this  
Skyviper

Sexiest(Coolest) Plane Ever

Sexiest Plane ever  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following do you think is best and sexiest plane?

I'm sticking with the F-14 she's all time favorate(even though the US navy got rid of her.. :cry:

F-14_Tomcat_bottom_view.jpg

Edited by Skyviper

Of all those included, i would say the P-51, but there are many missing. I suggest you to post several pol questions depending on tthe era of the aircraft

A lot of great planes on the list, but there are some sleek, graceful, "sexy" planes missing. The most obvious would be the Spitfire. If you are going to include bombers on the list, how could the B-17 "Queen of the Skies" not be listed? Of those listed, many are "brutes" rather than "sexy". I might choose either the Spitfire or F-86 Sabre, but since neither of those are listed, I am left with the P-51 Mustang, especially a highly polished P-51D which really has nice curves aside from having squared off wings and tail. While I love the looks of F-4, F-105, F-14, and F-15, big boxy intakes don't follow the form of a woman in any way shape or form. As I type, I think the one aircraft that I would call "sexiest" of all time is the T-38A. Small rounded intakes, pinched waste, clean lines, and bubble canopy. The F-5 is a little bit boxier and has a flush canopy. T-38A in Thunderbirds colors is even better. So there you have it, my vote is for the T-38A in Thunderbirds colors.

ThunderbirdsTalon.jpg

Edited by streakeagle

This is missing...best for me!

OldHustler.jpg

No Spitfire!!! No Hawker Hunter!!! No SR-71!!! No Yak-3 or Su-27

Only one plane left on that list to vote for and thats The Tomcat...

The list as I see it is heavy on American and the European ones that are there arent exactly sexy and there are no Red Star Aircraft...!!! No Mirages either... Oh man the list could go on forever for this list... I abstain on my vote...

None of them are a patch on the F-16 - and where's the Spitfire - sorry no vote

Personally, I've always though these kinds of polls/surveys were dumb.

Now, before anyone gets offended, I didn't say the person giving them was dumb, just the surveys themselves.

These, along with the 'what's the best fighter/plane' surveys, always have several flaws, starting with the most basic - What's the purpose...what do you plan to accomplish here?

The minute you limit your responses, you've already skewed any results you'll get. Also, these surveys depend a lot on personal opinion, of which everyone has one. I've seen flame wars erupt over these things, or go off into tangents unknown...all for a friggin multiple choice question.

And you're already getting answers outside of your original list, which should tell you something right there.

Before you post something on an online forum, ask yourself what you are trying to accomplish...and if it's worth the post.

Besides, the fact you didn't include the B-1B, an aircraft that positively radiates power, speed, and beauty means your choice criteria is seriously flawed.

041008-f-1789v-005_1280x1024.jpg

:biggrin:

FC

After seeing Les Chevaliers du Ciel, i gotta say that the Mirage 2000 is one of the prettiest jets ever. cool.gif

Mirage2000.jpg

You guys are right the list could go on forever. I should've done catagories...so much for my first informal poll.

And on a side note I had the privelledge of seeing the B-1 B upclose...it was a lot bigger than I thougt.

I agree with SanderK. Mirage 2000 is one of the coolest multirole jet fighter aircrafts.

hafmirage2000.jpg

But this Poll is raw genius, purity of brilliance.

A few years back, I was forced to write in Ron Paul(:good:) for U.S. Republican presidential nominee, so I normally would have wrote in F-106 here, but I had to vote for the brute contrarian thought and Xen~esque spontaneateieee pffft (sp?) behind this Poll.

~> F-109

ROCK.gif

Guest kilo1

F4yoU- pick the letter. It's the gulls, man. The gulls.

I voted for the F-4 here. In VF-111 full colors, that is one of the prettiest rides to ever take to the skies.

But for pure coolness, sexiness, and all-out "gives me a tingle to see it" type of reaction, nothing beats an F-8.

crusadere.jpg

HAWKER HUNTER !!!!!! , not on the list but the only one with real beautiful breastwork !!!!:grin:

Hou doe,

Derk

Yeah...the Spitfire would beat all these Jets hands down!

• Like 1

Yeah...the Spitfire would beat all these Jets hands down!

+1

I'm surprised we haven't seen more write-ins! That list is pretty odd, actually, for its choices. Would've been better to stick to WWII or Nam or current day instead of that mishmosh. I mean, F-109, B-2, and B-26 on the same list? :blink:

Anyway, despite it being unarmed, the SR-71 has always been the most attractive plane ever built for its unique design. Of all the planes that have been built over the decades, it's one of the few to have seen service and made a big impact without being copied or being a copy.

And there was me thinking the F-109 was a Garrett Turbofan engine... Anyway moving swiftly on or as Jedi would say...

There is nothing to see here move along...

But the list is a rather strange group I agree...

And Derk you are correct those Sabrina´s on the Hunter need we say more...

I think too that the poll should be divided in technologic eras. I'm usually more fond of WW2 props, and as an "IL-2" fan, my favourite would be the Yak-3 (not on the list), pretty, balanced, easy to flight, and very elusive in a close dogfight near the ground. Some of them were nicely decorated by the Soviets (bright red noses, large mottoes in Cyrillic, that sort of think), and I like the design of the French squadron Normandie-Niemen with the long white lightning of 303th IAD. For the Western planes, I would have voted for the F-4U (not on the list either), in the same time physically impressive, powerful and tough (contrary to the pretty P-51 I find quite fragile) - and identifiable enough at long range to avoid friendly fire.

Concerning WW1 birdcages, I would choose the SPAD XIII who has a very intimidating aspect (the P-47 counterpart for WW1), but I usually prefer to fly a more balanced plane with no real weak point, like the S.E.5a or Fokker D.VII. Concerning jets, I would say F-86 or Super-Mystère B2 for early ones, and F-18 for later ones. Unfortunately, none of them are on the list. So, no vote.

post-48840-032520300 1279180038.jpg

Yak-3, Spitfire or MiG-29