Wings Over Israel Add-On - IS OUT

Official webpage

Wings Over Israel Add-on is an add-on to the Wings Over Israel air combat game, it adds Mystère IVA, Meteor F.8, and P-51D Mustang as player-flyable aircraft. New historical campaign is set in the 1956 Suez Crisis ("Operation Kadesh") where the propeller-powered fighters mixed it up with jet-powered fighters, join the Israeli Defense Force / Air Force and engage in struggle for survival over the desert!

New Player Flyable Aircraft

• Mystère IVA

• Meteor F.8

• P-51D Mustang

New AI Aircraft

• F-84F

• Spitfire LF.IX

• Vampire 5/9/52

• MiG-15bis

• C-47A

New Campaign

• Operation Kadesh, Oct 1956

System Requirements

Processor: 1.0 GHz or faster

Memory: 1.0 GB RAM

Hard Drive: 1.3 GB free space

Video Card: 128 MB DirectX

Download (229 MB)

$24.99 $17.50

(30% off!)

Combined topics...you both posted right at the same time.

FC

Combined topics...you both posted right at the same time.

FC

I noticed, thanks.

So TK could not help working on the engine a little, because most/all dll files are new. Multiplayer is still there.

Features ported form SF2:

-Destroyed aircraft wrecks.

-Can read additional cat file objectdata02.cat.

-Can read DDS format damage overlays.

-Can read Certain Jpeg files (yet unable to use Jpeg hangar screens?)

-Can read Unicode INI files.

-Can read Unicode CAT files (cat format v2).

-Can read Unicode LOD model format, supposedly allowing importing all SF2 aircraft models (instead of just the few that were still in old LOD format).

These SF2 features are NOT present after the addon

-corrected F-16A model.

-new RWR icons.

-userlists.

-save single mission.

-choose service in single mission.

Attached a list of all files included in the WOI addon.

ObjectData02.index.txt

woi_addon_index.txt

Edited by gerwin

I bought it, for two reasons:

1. Complete my TW collection.

2. Support TK in his efforts.

Cheers mates

Amazing the fact that TW is making something new for the old WOX. A simple question - Will all the new planes works with all WOX? This gonna be a great addon if its true, once we could improve many WWII scenarios with the new P-51D/Spitfires! Hope this works...

Will all the new planes works with all WOX?

No, unmodified SFP1/WOV/WOE '06 or '08 cannot read the aircraft model format of the addon planes. But you have a good chance you can just update SFP1/WOV/WOE '08 manually by replacing all dll files and the exe file with the new ones from the addon. After that these games should read the new formats fine. (untested!)

Something else, I extracted the A-7D_78 files from SF2E and put them in an aircraft folder in WOI, it worked right away. Did not do any conversions, just copied the files. Makes me wonder if the new drop tank format is also supported natively. Need to try wheter the campaign code was changed to handle WOV better, but this seems unlikely...

Edited by gerwin

Have downloaded it. Thanks TK!

Hey, it is now possible to import the SF2 planes into WOI!

Someone who's skilled in the use of a hexeditor should open up the the aircraftobject.dll and see if TK has added radar frequency and rwr entries (check for keywords such as VECTOR or TEWS). If so, then you will have access to some the advanced avionics features of the SF2 series.

Something interesting streakeagle brought up in the ThirdWire forums is that now you can have SF2 coded aircraft in multiplayer.

So, some experiments needed:

1) Drop tanks format supported?

2) Avionics supported (VECTOR, TEWS)?

Could make things more interesting...

FC

-The Mystere IV that installs with the addon has skinnable droptanks. So that means it works right?. They jettison properly.

-Testing the WOV campaign with the new 2010 binairies, now at mission no 7; it does not give repetative, airfield biased, missions. So far so good.

-No sign of RWR symbology working, installing the SF2 F-15A pit gives nothing on the RWR. No dll files containing the word "HighLark" (=RWR Mig-23 family) either.

Anyone with the WOI addon, could you download and install the Northrop 2 seater pack. It has the latest exporter LODs. I'd like to see what works and what doesn't so I can revise the KB thread on importing Gen 2 models into Gen 1 installs.

FC

As mentioned by capun, the 'request help' radio command seems to work now. I did not have any luck with it in single missions but in campaigns I got the response that help would be send.

Edited by gerwin

Anyone with the WOI addon, could you download and install the Northrop 2 seater pack. It has the latest exporter LODs. I'd like to see what works and what doesn't so I can revise the KB thread on importing Gen 2 models into Gen 1 installs.

FC

I just installed only the F-5F from your Northrop 2 seater pack. It displays fine. flaps/rudders/airbrakes/destroyed-lod all work.

This parameter works for terrains now, or did it already work before?

IsraelME.ini:

[Terrain]

GroundObjectTexture=tan