Sign in to follow this  
Smithy26

Lack of 2 Seaters ?

Hi,

I am doing a campaign with the RNAS in early 1916. No matter where i fly all i get is groups of Fokker E's - usually 4 to 6. There are never single Fokkers, and i have never seen any 2 seaters or other types. I have done quite a few missions, had to restart after death dozens of times, but never seen anything but those "dirty fokkers!"

Any ideas?

Yeah i have practised on QC v's 2-seaters. Stay low and fire into their bellies - or die horribly by their Observers, i have done that too.

Just flew another 2 missions, about 20 EIIIs sighted, but still no C-Types ? This is from Niuewpoort on coast all the way to Arras, not a one.

I shot down Boelcke, in a silver Fokker, on my last mission - he flopped down in a field behind German lines near Dicksmuide after sending one of my chums down in flames.:grin:

As an update to this - I have advanced in time on the 1 RNAS Campaign to Oct 1916, there are now various 2 Seaters to fight and hordes of Halberstadts instead of Fokker E's.

"about 20 EIIIs sighted, but still no C-Types"

Hi Smithy, you're going to spend a long time looking for C-type Albatroses - they're not (yet) modelled in OFF.

Cheers,

Si

"about 20 EIIIs sighted, but still no C-Types"

Hi Smithy, you're going to spend a long time looking for C-type Albatroses - they're not (yet) modelled in OFF.

Cheers,

Si

Actually a C-type to me means a 2 Seater, not specifically an Albatross.

D-Type = single seat bi-plane fighter

C-Type = 2 seater

E-Type = single seat mono-plane.

It's from British claims notification - usually when they couldn't identify the make and model.

Ah - good point. Also add 'V strutter', when you know it's an Albatros, but that's it.

Choose a later date or other region. There are various 2 seaters as per the features list on the website, but they will only be with certain squads that actually had them, and certain dates. Roland was fairly early, Strutter etc so you will see some depending on where / when you are.

Also you can have a 2 seater career if you choose a bomber fighting for Germany or England