Sign in to follow this  
OvS

Unofficial P4 Update

We're working hard.... :cool:

Can you imagine how many poor victims will look into this thread after using this title?

I'm victim Nº1. :cool:

Edited by Von Paulus

We're working hard.... :cool:

I'm not worried. I haven't burned through 1/10th of the content in Between Heaven & Hell, let alone all of the Hat in the Ring expansion and I try to play for an hour or more every day. When it's done, it's done and I'm willing to bet it'll be better than we were all hoping for. Besides, we're all getting a small P4 preview with the Superpatch anyway. Right?

Thanks for all your hard work. :drinks:

Hellshade

I'm not worried. I haven't burned through 1/10th of the content in Between Heaven & Hell, let alone all of the Hat in the Ring expansion and I try to play for an hour or more every day. When it's done, it's done and I'm willing to bet it'll be better than we were all hoping for. Besides, we're all getting a small P4 preview with the Superpatch anyway. Right?

Thanks for all your hard work. :drinks:

Hellshade

Well, from what I know and have seen... it's coming along very nicely, that's all I can say.. but really... we ARE working hard.

I can't wait to see the final product from this phase.

OvS

I'm with Hellshade there. I'll order P4 as soon as it's out, but I don't feel that nibbling inside,

that I must get info about it's release date, or at least some info on how it will be.

I still have so much to try in P3, that I never did.

Like flying the Roland C.II "Walfisch" - takeoff, combat, and landing (with a forward view

next to none - it's on the list!).

Oh Lord..just one little |Snipe.. I dont ask for much out of Life...just one! :blink:

Like flying the Roland C.II "Walfisch" - takeoff, combat, and landing (with a forward view

next to none - it's on the list!).

as you know i start my campaigns always in a two seater squad and later get transfered into a fightersquad in end of 1916. so i have to fly rolands for about half a year. landing a roland in this time, sometimes up to 3 times a day makes you really learn how to land. when landing the roland properly hundred of times, every other landing is like x-mas. you have to try it olham. the landings are always whiteknucklish. very well made by the devs. :drinks:

Yes, will do! But half a year, before I could fly the fighters?

I must shorten the proceedure a bit, but it's a good idea to do that.

Manfred also had to fly a Roland C.II, before he came to Jasta 2.

Should be quite challenging. It can almost be flown as the Bristol fighter;

and when you have managed the landing, you can be really proud of yourself.

victim number 6 :smile:

I'll definitely buy it when it's out! :clapping:

cheers,

Stary

Yes, will do! But half a year, before I could fly the fighters?

I must shorten the proceedure a bit, but it's a good idea to do that.

Manfred also had to fly a Roland C.II, before he came to Jasta 2.

Should be quite challenging. It can almost be flown as the Bristol fighter;

and when you have managed the landing, you can be really proud of yourself.

i do it for two reasons, olham. first, because it's how lot of german careers have been. and second, because it makes your pilot lot more precious when investing lot of time into him. when you have spent a virtual half year or so into him as a two seater pilot, and then transfer to a fightersquad, then you won't do stupid things and get fixated and go into every fight to get 5 kills each sortie etc. then you'll treat him little bit more realistic. at least it helps me a lot this way and it's a loooooot more immersive. it's not beein unaggressive on purpose. not at all. you would be this way automatically because you won't lose him. if i'm bloodthirsty, i do QC.

that's the reason why in K vs. C in the beginning it was demanded to start as a two seater pilot to earn the right to get to a fightersquad and to make the people treat the pilot with more care. why this got dropped i don't know.

as a sidenote, usually the faulty HiTR AI is boring and unaggressive. but for the pre-albatros (1915- fall 1916) time it fits rather well. as a two seater pilot you won't see a difference if AI is attacking you. attacking two seaters they behave about the same. but it's by far more realistic to see eindeckers not perform any fancy stuff, also fighting rolands perform lot more realistic. usually fighting twoseaters kill themselves if fighting long enough. from fall of 1916 on i switch to aggressive mode since the airwar from that point on really becomes organized and the real fighters appear at all sides.

sorry for going off topic.

I agree in regards to not being tired of P3 or being "done" with it. I do take heart though that OBD is hard at work on P4. I love having wonderful things to look forward to. Like a gaming desktop to run P4 with in all it's OBD glory.

Oh Lord..just one little |Snipe.. I dont ask for much out of Life...just one! :blink:

Snipe? How about the Moranes, the Fokker DII, III, and IV? How about the Pfalz E types? And a ton more I can't recall. (where's my book on WWI aircraft when I need it?) Oh, and Junkers types too!!

Don't get me wrong. The Snipe is a fine machine. But I want more. :grin:

Oh, I've no doubt P4 will knock my socks off. Thing is, I haven't found the last pair that BHaH knocked off me. I'm with Rickitycrate, Creaghorn, and Olham on this one, I still have waaaaay too much to experience in P3. As an example, I just started a career flying the Walfisch in FFA 48, and Creaghorn is spot on about landing one. Everything else is child's play after putting that beastie on the mark time and time again, not to mention winding it through the terrain of the Alsace.

Now, about WM's Snipe...

Cheers!

Lou

Oh, I've no doubt P4 will knock my socks off. Thing is, I haven't found the last pair that BHaH knocked off me.

Upon reading this, Bullet Mac Haid spews whiskey all over his monitor, coughs a few times, takes another dram, then commences to orate as follows:

Ach! "Sokes", as ye Sassenachs calls 'em! Thae apperrrtenances of thae gairrrrlie-mahn they be! Whoot honest mahn whaers osain? Gae bairrrefoot ass Gode intendaed! A' most, aif ye'rrrre knee-deep in a pig-sty, whaer honest brrrrogs. Boot osain?!?!?!? Ne'er!!

I think that maybe we have something like an OCD going on here :lol:

Century of shortages - what an OCD ???

Century of shortages - what an OCD ???

Obessive Compulsive Disorder. It's where you keep doing something repeatedly - that's usually pointless - but you can't stop yourself from doing it. For instance, locking and unlocking the door 56 times every time you leave the house, or asking the Devs "When will P4 be released?"

Apparently we can't stop ourselves from asking, even though we know the question is futile.

Hellshade

Ah, I see - it's what I'm doing almost every day in OFF: trying to win the war! :rofl: