HELLO EVERY ONE :)

I dont know if anyone ever had this pb ;

I have an acer laptop (good cpu, very powerfull) with realtek audio card recent CPU windows 7...

When I play SF2, the game freezes for about one second when it has to play a pilot audio message (not all of them curiously)

(WHICH MAKES ANY SIM UNPLAYABLE OF COURSE)

I tried administrator or not and the game is installed on the desktop...

For the moment, the only SOLUTION I found was to RE-INSTALL THE GAME completely EVERY TIME I RESTART THE COMPUTER..

And it works !, the game does not freeze anymore, and all the audio messages come without a glitch

(fortunately it keeps the Mods, so, the only thing I need to bakup are the options.ini and controls (default.ini))

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM FOR IL2FB 1946 and there, no solution (I did not want to re-install and risk losing all the mods)

I would be interrested to know if anyone encountered this PB, and share solutions... :(

(Never had this PB with other games on this computer,

CALL OF DUTY 2 / RISE OF FLIGHT (normal, no audio message) / ASSASSIN's CREED / TOMB RAIDER etc...)

So the problem is showing only on those sims

(which are my favorite programs of course 8/)

(It happend during an approach on a carrier with a corsair in IL2 1946 it froze to receive a wingman message,

when the game got alive again, I was crashed (ramp strike) AAARRRHHHHHGGG IT MAKES ME MAAAAAAD :( )

Have you tried adjusting the audio hardware acceleration?

Start>Run>Enter "dxdiag" and click OK.

Click on sound tab.

Try sliding the "Hardware Sound Accleration Level" slider down a notch or two.

Exit dxdiag.

Edited by DoctorQuest

Are you forcing on AA and AF in the graphics card settings?

Also does that mobile low power graphics chipset you have actually do DX10/11 - or is it DX9 only?

its a common issue with realtek audio drivers... had the same issue with winxp for years and almost all games. the games kept crashing without a clear reason... just random crashes.

but one day googleing around i found some BBs saying that the faulty .sys realtek driver was the cause. and that was true.

With windows7 i just lett system use the microsoft default realtek audio driver and the issue is gone and no more problems.

first thing you should do is to disable (NOT uninstall... just DISABLE) the audio driver in Device Manager. (Control panel -> System -> Device Manager -> expand Audio group -> right click on Realtek HD audio -> disable)

and then try to fly the mission that crash your game.

if the issue is gone, then there is a problem in audio driver or audio module.

if the issue keep bothering, then i suggest you to update realtek drivers... anyway disabling antivirus software guard while gaming it's another suggestion.

WOW !!

Thanks a million time for answers, :)

By the way, I am running direct x 10/11

I already tried disabling Firewall and antivirus, and reduce the account security, but no joy so far

I am going to try those solutions of yours right away...

Indeed I suspected realtek stuff but I had no Idea what to try :/

Will let you know about result...

Thanks again for support :)

Cheers

:bye:

All Right,

I have no slider for the sound in directxdiag.exe (in fact, no controls whatsoever for any of the tabs)

If I de activate the HD audiotek driver, I have no sound at all

But I asked to use previous driver and it switches to Windows driver

AND IT WORKS !!!!

Ok, I tried only once SF2 but I am confident...

Still have one or two mini glitch in IL2FB but acceptable, and nothing to do with what it was previously !!!

Thanks a lot for your advices !

:drinks:

PROBLEM SOLVED ! (apparently)

:yes:

:bye:

All Right,

I have no slider for the sound in directxdiag.exe (in fact, no controls whatsoever for any of the tabs)

If I de activate the HD audiotek driver, I have no sound at all

But I asked to use previous driver and it switches to Windows driver

AND IT WORKS !!!!

Ok, I tried only once SF2 but I am confident...

Still have one or two mini glitch in IL2FB but acceptable, and nothing to do with what it was previously !!!

Thanks a lot for your advices !

:drinks:

PROBLEM SOLVED ! (apparently)

:yes:

i was pretty sure that would fix it. :drinks:

i did the same thing and didn't got a crash since. Seems really that realtek faulty drivers are causing this... probably microsoft's one, are either generic or either slightly modified by microsoft itself to become WHQL.

i swear you.. i kept game crashing for years and when i found that was the driver i drove mad. And no realtek driver update did ever fix that issue so.. im losing realtek control panel but crashes no more.

the other solution in a desktop PC is using an addon card like a creative... but in a laptop i think the only way is to go with a external USB audio card... but is uncomfortable.

Have been struggling to sort this issue on my new(ish) Samsung R780 laptop.

Uninstalled realek drivers, used MS ones, tried various combinations of settings. . . all to no avail, still got that stutter.

Somewhere on the many threads here & at TW, someone mentioned bit rate, with realtek drivers converting on the fly. . . using up CPU cycles.

Problem is, stock TW .wav files are in 16 bit, 11KHz format . . . and that is not supported by newer Realtek drivers, or the MS ones I used.

So, your driver has to convert TW .wav files to its lowest setting - on my laptop, 16 bit, 44100Hz quality.

Banging head off brick wall, and wondering if I would ever get this sorted - then, extracted content of speech.cat, batch converted all .wav files to 16 bit, 44100Hz quality, and dropped them into a new "Speech" folder in my SF2 mod folder - and the stutter is gone.

Next step - pack all the new wavs into a cat pack and stick it in the main SF2 install program.

Phew :blink: