Sign in to follow this  
Piecemeal

Large Parked Aircraft

Hi all.

I've currently got a problem with my Desert terrain where there's NEVER any C-130s or other large aircraft showing up on the ground at airbases. Small aircraft are fine; they show up most of the time where they're supposed to.

I've already added the DESERT_AIRFIELD ini files to the terrain since the latest update, but to no effect. This is the readout for DESERT_AIRFIELD4:

ParkingChance=70

ParkingMaxSpan=18.0

Parking[01].Heading=0

Parking[01].Offset=-356,929

Parking[02].Heading=0

Parking[02].Offset=-335,929

Parking[03].Heading=0

Parking[03].Offset=-314,929

Parking[04].Heading=0

Parking[04].Offset=-293,929

Parking[05].Heading=60

Parking[05].Offset=-582.00,-867.00

Parking[06].Heading=60

Parking[06].Offset=-594.50,-845.35

Parking[07].Heading=60

Parking[07].Offset=-607.00,-823.70

Parking[08].Heading=60

Parking[08].Offset=-619.50,-802.05

Parking[09].Heading=60

Parking[09].Offset=-632.00,-780.40

Parking[10].Heading=60

Parking[10].Offset=-644.50,-758.75

Parking[11].Heading=240

Parking[11].Offset=-603.65,-879.50

Parking[12].Heading=240

Parking[12].Offset=-616.15,-857.85

Parking[13].Heading=240

Parking[13].Offset=-628.65,-836.20

Parking[14].Heading=240

Parking[14].Offset=-641.15,-814.55

Parking[15].Heading=240

Parking[15].Offset=-653.65,-792.90

Parking[16].Heading=240

Parking[16].Offset=-666.15,-771.25

LargeParkingChance=75

LargeParkingMaxSpan=60.0

LargeParking[01].Heading=0

LargeParking[01].Offset=-430,1088

LargeParking[02].Heading=0

LargeParking[02].Offset=-368,1088

LargeParking[03].Heading=0

LargeParking[03].Offset=-306,1088

LargeParking[04].Heading=180

LargeParking[04].Offset=-430,1188

LargeParking[05].Heading=180

LargeParking[05].Offset=-368,1188

LargeParking[06].Heading=180

LargeParking[06].Offset=-306,1188

LargeParking[07].Heading=240

LargeParking[07].Offset=-671,-918

LargeParking[08].Heading=240

LargeParking[08].Offset=-704,-862

LargeParking[09].Heading=240

LargeParking[09].Offset=-736,-805

LargeParking[10].Heading=60

LargeParking[10].Offset=-758,-968

LargeParking[11].Heading=60

LargeParking[11].Offset=-791,-912

LargeParking[12].Heading=60

LargeParking[12].Offset=-823,-855

LargeParking[13].Heading=240

LargeParking[13].Offset=-812,-999

LargeParking[14].Heading=240

LargeParking[14].Offset=-843,-945

LargeParking[15].Heading=240

LargeParking[15].Offset=-874,-892

As you can see, it looks fine. The only changes I made were in 'LargeParkingChance', which I changed to 75.

Am I looking in the wrong place or is there an updated INI file I haven't added to the terrain? :dntknw:

What patch level? I've even started to see Veltro's Beriev A-50s parked on Soviet airbases with the June 2010 patch.

well, the c-130a isn't in SF2 anymore (unless you did like me, and imported it all <grin>). You're talking about Dels versions?

Increase the LargeParkingChance= to like 90. Be advised, some of the large aircraft WILL be parking inside each other (tails inside other tails, etc)

I've got large birds all over the place ... Bears, C-141, C-5, C-17, AN-12, etc.

Even this new, monster rig does get some stuttering sometimes with some of the large birds ... aircraft lod issues methinks. So, expect some framerate drop

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

What patch level? I've even started to see Veltro's Beriev A-50s parked on Soviet airbases with the June 2010 patch.

I'm patched up to June 2010. I've got SF2/V/E/I in a merged install.

The large aircraft in my mod folder are the SF1 C-130A, the add-on RAF Hercs for SF2, the recently released Boeing 707 and (of course) the stock SF2 An-12.

Another thing; I did about ten or twelve single missions starting on the runway just to see if there was some randomness attached to this. The fighters and the like turned up most of the time, but never the big movers; not even the likes of the the B-57B

Edited by Piecemeal

didn't we include the newest Desert airfield inis with the Madagasscar terrain? That'd save some time in extration (and deletion of all the other crap!) Should be able to use and edit those.

(yah, I'm that lazy!! :rofl: )

wrench

kevin stein

What's bugging me is that the info that's needed is there on the airfield_ini files, I've even cross checked it with the stock ones to make sure that all the I's are dotted and the T's crossed. The small aircraft are coming up most of the time. Why not the bigger ones?

Perhaps they were illegally parked, hence, they were ticketed and towed by the Third Wire Parking Enforcement Bureau. :rofl:

Edited by Fubar512

Would there by any chance be a max for the amount of static aircraft? Just clutching at straws here.

Fubar - I'll give you an eight for that remark. :clapping:

Third Wire Parking Enforcement Bureau? You don't mean THE dreaded TWPEB! No can resist the TWPEB!!!!! :yikes:

I thought that setting the graphics options to the max levels increased the amount of parked aircraft (of whatever type).

Perhaps they were illegally parked, hence, they were ticketed and towed by the Third Wire Parking Enforcement Bureau. :rofl:

Third Wire Parking Enforcement Bureau? You don't mean THE dreaded TWPEB! No can resist the TWPEB!!!!! :yikes:

Allright, guess this is calling for clarification!

Let´s assume i stay longer then 30 minutes in one topic, do i get a ticket from the TWPEB for illegal parking avatar? :blink:

Allright, guess this is calling for clarification!

Let´s assume i stay longer then 30 minutes in one topic, do i get a ticket from the TWPEB for illegal parking avatar? :blink:

Yes, well maybe, have to check with TK.

this is what I meant about "overlap". I'd set the LargeParkingChance= to 90.

Somebody is gonna get towed!!

wrench

kevin stein

That's where you need to alter the parking slot locations...or limit the size of aircraft that can park there...

FC

OK, so I've downloaded a whole loada Cargo planes; the C-123, C-141, C-5 and Boeing 747. So far out of about ten single mission startups in small aircraft I've noticed the C-123s lined up on the tarmac. Funny thing is that when I took a C-5 or a C-141 for a test spin there were nearly always C-123s lined up - but ONLY C-123s. The Starlifters and Galaxies have never shown up on the ground.

I've tested this out on SF2E and SF2V and there's no problem there.

In SF2 I always use my updated Desert terrain. Could it be something I'm missing out in that?

BTW, I made the following changes to the 'DESERTAIRFIELD_4' ini file without any joy:

LargeParkingChance=90 <- - - - - - - - - - - - - - (changed from 25)

Look - I know it's not a major thing and I know that the game'll run well without this thing rectified, but as some other members will tell you, I just can't get enough of the old eye candy on the airfield.

Ideas anyone?

OK, now we've that this sorted .... you all should be VERY careful as to where you park.

"We've Got You're Number"

wrench

kevin stein

Change the <jets>_data.ini to Availability=RARE and try - that used to have an effect

OK, now we've that this sorted .... you all should be VERY careful as to where you park.

"We've Got You're Number"

wrench

kevin stein

:rofl::lol::grin:

Change the <jets>_data.ini to Availability=RARE and try - that used to have an effect

No joy. All that's showing up in any era is the C-123 and they're in use up to 1985

.................... :suicide2:

Clamping aside though, but could there be something missing in the other aircrafts' DATA.ini files that's in the C-123s?

[AircraftData]

DestroyedModel=Destroyed_C130.LOD

DestroyedEffect=VehicleFireEffect

EmptyMass=36289.4

EmptyInertia=831467.4,1070491.8,1280653.0

ReferenceArea=162.12

ReferenceSpan=40.41 < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - I'm assuming this is the important factor as regards the maximum span allowed?

ReferenceChord=4.01

CGPosition=0.00,2.48,0.00

Edited by Piecemeal

I am so dumb.... Piecmeal, in your games options (off the main screen) is the GroundObjects set to Unlimited? That controls how many show up, too.

wrench

kevin stein

ReferenceSpan=40.41 < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - I'm assuming this is the important factor as regards the maximum span allowed?

Correct, all planes with ReferenceSpan <= MaxAllowedSpan could spawn at that position.

Why not make the Chance variable 100% ?

I am so dumb.... Piecmeal, in your games options (off the main screen) is the GroundObjects set to Unlimited? That controls how many show up, too.

wrench

kevin stein

:fool: You're not the only dumbell on that one. I should have thought of it myself. That seems to have sorted that problem out. Groundobjects were set to 'high'. (Love the van btw)

Why not make the Chance variable 100% ?

No joy there I'm afraid. Still only C-123s showing up. I'm now convinced that it's got to have something to do with the C-5/C-130/C-141 DATA.ini files

There shouldn't really be a problem with the C-130s showing up as they're made for SF2, but the C-5, C-141 and 747 are from the SFP1 download section:dntknw:

Edited by Piecemeal

That could have something to do with the MinBaseSize parameter...if the airfield is MEDIUM, but the aircraft are LARGE, that may be why they don't get selected...assuming other things like USERLISTS, etc, work.

FC

That could have something to do with the MinBaseSize parameter...if the airfield is MEDIUM, but the aircraft are LARGE, that may be why they don't get selected...assuming other things like USERLISTS, etc, work.

FC

Minimum airfield sizes are OK; C-5s and C-141s are set for 'LARGE' and the C-123s and C-130s are set to 'SMALL'. Userlists are sound as well. Peculiar - most peculiar

most peculiar

The sound of AI laughter as the TWPEB crew cruises around Piecemeal's airbases in their microbus, ticketbooks in hand, whilst the "Enforcer" (The PEB's tow-vehicle)) lurks in the shadows......