Sign in to follow this  
appraiserfl

I made a 1080p video showing three screen action

Sorry the video is of that other game, that I wont mention, but it has a replay feature which made it easier to film eyefinity in action.

(make sure you set it to 1080p)

If you are interested in a three screen setup or curious as to what all the hype is about, then check it out. The video is about five minutes long and I lose my prop to a flying wing around the 1:10 mark and manage to take another plane down and then glide into town for some cocktails icon_lol.gif

I am running three Dell U2410s in a 6048x1200 resolution setup. Obviously, the actual game looks much better than the video, but this gives you a pretty good idea of how much more immersion you get.

and I thought I was spoiled with a single 28" widescreen monitor. It looks beautiful! I don't dare ask what a setup like that costs but I'm sure it's worth it. :drinks:

Hellshade

I think it's impressive but I don't like the wide angle fish eye view distortion you are getting. I've seen other three screen setups that don't have that distortion that I think they look much better. Not a criticism, just my opinion.

Well, it must be me! But whenever i have seen three screen sims at flightsim shows, or the one at my mates house, or this video- I'm afraid it is distortion and two great vertical bars that really puts me off the whole concept.

Not my idea of immersion-sorry!

I would certainly prefer my projector screen and even a single large monitor.

Just my tuppence worth!

Great Video Appraiserfl,

You are a hardware junky.

M

I know, but its all your fault when you showed us your beautiful triple 24" setup I could not resist the upgrade bug :heat:

Well, it must be me! But whenever i have seen three screen sims at flightsim shows, or the one at my mates house, or this video- I'm afraid it is distortion and two great vertical bars that really puts me off the whole concept.

Not my idea of immersion-sorry!

I would certainly prefer my projector screen and even a single large monitor.

Just my tuppence worth!

I understand, I just upgraded from a Sanyo PLV-Z4 to a Mitsubishi HC3800 and I love it! I am going to get a second HC3800 and run them in eyefinity, just gotta figure out the wall space. I am also making a dedicated cockpit with an amazing chair once I get in my new place...gonna be sweet!

appraiserfl,

I got a i7 980x cpu and asus rampage III extreme MB 2 weeks ago. They are a dream pair.

Cheers old friend.

M

Nice video. I love the resolution, but hate the "black bars" due to the bezel thickness of the monitors. This would have to be a LOT smaller to get me interested in this technology. You'd think that some manufacturer would develop a super-thin or no-bezel monitor just for this type of application.

The bezels would be ok, if it wasn't for TrackIR...you could get away with them looking like struts!...but yeah, looks a bit weird with TrackIR

(not in any way damning the video..which is really good)

The bezels would be ok, if it wasn't for TrackIR...you could get away with them looking like struts!...but yeah, looks a bit weird with TrackIR

(not in any way damning the video..which is really good)

Very nice. How does OFF compare to ROF, which it seems you shot this with (animated cocking levers on the guns etc)?

Nice video. I love the resolution, but hate the "black bars" due to the bezel thickness of the monitors. This would have to be a LOT smaller to get me interested in this technology. You'd think that some manufacturer would develop a super-thin or no-bezel monitor just for this type of application.

This is my DREAM SETUP

appraiserfl,

I got a i7 980x cpu and asus rampage III extreme MB 2 weeks ago. They are a dream pair.

Cheers old friend.

M

Thats exactly what I upgraded to. The 980x was the first extreme processor I have ever bought and I love it! On applications that use multi-cores its six cores kick some major ass. The rampage III is great as well, I have it coupled with 12 gigs of corsair memory. Running the setup ocd to 4ghz on a corsair H50 watercooler and could not be happier!

Very nice. How does OFF compare to ROF, which it seems you shot this with (animated cocking levers on the guns etc)?

I love them both, I can't get enough of WWI aviation, I have whole stack of books and am building a dedicated sim cockpit...the whole bug started when somebody on the 1C IL2 forums recommended OFF to me (which harkened way back to my childhood and RedBaron from Dynamix/Sierra)

I go to ROF for multiplayer and I go to OFF for everything else.

Edited by appraiserfl

Thats exactly what I upgraded to. The 980x was the first extreme processor I have ever bought and I love it! On applications that use multi-cores its six cores kick some major ass. The rampage III is great as well, I have it coupled with 12 gigs of corsair memory. Running the setup ocd to 4ghz on a corsair H50 watercooler and could not be happier!

I have OC mine to 4GHZ with the stock CPU cooler and it runs without any heat problems.

Cheers

m