Taiwanese skinpack for Russouk2004's revamped P-47N-15

Credits:

Excellent skin templates by russouk2004

Tailnumber decals by russouk2004

F-100AD-mod was "liberated" of the ROC-roundel by JSF Aggie

Applying color to templates and some decaling by JJava

Contents:

2 ROCAF skins

A green and a silver one, based on photographs from 1954.

1 Bonus CNAF silver skin

Actually an ex-US D-model used by national forces during the chinese civil war

An incomplete userlist-file for the thunderbolt and an ini-file utilizing it.

Readme-file with installation instructions and a link to the correct plane.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/15/2010
  • Category

ROC-roundel stolen from the F-100AD-mod by Dave72

no,no,no....

the correct term would be "liberated" !!!! :rofl:

nice skin, too! Russo did a great job on those templates; makes life so much eaier!

wrench

kevin stein

the correct term would be "liberated" !!!! :rofl:

Hah sure. I'll keep that in mind when I'll do the readme for some ROCAF A-Zippers. :crazy:

to answer the cockpit question;

it was always difficult to see around that big fat radial. when taxing, they usually had a ground crewman sitting on the wing, giving direction, and followed a 'S' curving path to see forward.

try this for the cockpit positon, in the cockpit.ini

Position=0.0,-0.70,1.15

the pilot's shoulder should just aobut line up with the forward flap hinge. more or less

wrench

kevin stein

ROC-roundel stolen from the F-100AD-mod by Dave72

Nothing stolen, free for you to use, those were done by JSF Aggie.

Guest rscsjsuso5

very good skin jjava, thank you = xie xie ne (chinese mandarin) - a suggestion we can have a serious prop plane fight over taiwan , p-47 vs la plaaf fighters. http://www.bunyap2w1.com/ and also i'm giving you a plus 1 in the reputation area , good work and now you have 3.

with luck, we'll have updated SF2 FMs for the La-11s in the Korea mod. Think good thoughts, and keep your fingers crossed!

wrench

kevin stein

try this for the cockpit positon, in the cockpit.ini

Position=0.0,-0.70,1.15

Thanks Wrench. But not quite the view i was looking for, makes aming a wee bit harder:

img00032.JPG

:rofl:

@Dave72

Thanks, I'll update the readme & credits :salute:

Guest rscsjsuso5

a suggestion go find the p-47n not the n-15 model and just simply copy the cockpit file and folder to the n-15 and then copy the name of the cockpit file from the the n file to the n-15 aircraft main ini file. i have converted it to series 1 game. also make sure you copy the detect system area of the aircraft data ini file to the n-15 model. hope this helps

r: what are you talking about??? there is only 1 P-47N out there, and it is the N-15. DO NOT confuse the D-20 and D-25 with the N .. completely different aircraft, completely different mapping, shapes, etc.

JJ: grab this aircraft off my site, it's the 'what if' korean war version.

http://wrench1smog.com/aircraft/korean_jug.zip

it's the same one I'm using with your skins, and my cockit is PERFECTLY placed!! Screenies below of the cockpit. the numbers I posted are the ones I'm using, and you can see it's right where it's supposed to be.

wrench

kevin stein

AH.....NUTS!!! I thought I'd uploaded the entire aircraft!!! I guess it was done before the Freeware Accords were in place.

whichever one you grab, use the P-47N-15.lod dated 12/8/05. That should be the newer-est one.

iirc, the cockpit comes from cryis realllly old 'other p-51d'. BTW, in SF2, with the expansionpak, you can extract the P-51D_COCKPIT.in, edit the pilot position, and reference it in the Jug's ini -WITHOUT having the cockpit folder in the P-47N's folder. Personally, I like the 3rd party mustang pit, as it has the rearview mirror that TKs is lacking

wrench

kevin stein

Hmmm... This is just odd. The LOD I got from here is dated 25.11.2005. I took the cockpit from the older release, used your numbers and got what appears to be like a two-seater with the backseater shooting the frontseater in the neck.img00043.JPG

And yeah, it's way too back. :blink:

Thanks rscsjsuso5. I appreciate your effort, but all it did was move the cockpit forwards inside the other one. So I still have a double cockpit.

*edit* Ok so I sorta fixed it. I hid the fuselage in the data-ini to get rid of the extra cockpit, but now i can see the back of the cowling from certain angels.

Edited by JJava