Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Formosa Upgrade 2: Airfields Fixes & Other Small Tweeks

Formosa Upgrade 2: Airfields Fixes & Other Small Tweeks

Formosa Terrain Update -- Parked Aircraft Fixes (and some other stuff)

Yet more updating of the Formosa terrain, that adds game-generated parked aircraft to Gepard's NATO/WarPac style airbases that are used. Also included are some modified inis that create the LimitedNations (from my recently released pack), some additons to the _Types ini, some targeting tweeks, a 'generic' PLAN Destroyer, modified GermanyCE airbase inis, with increaed parking chances, and a few other little things here and there. You'll have to fly around to find them.

Designed for use with Stary's new terrain tiles, you should have his upgrade installed before adding this one. Although there is very little possibility of conflicts (as this was built with his new stuff in my terrain), it never hurts to be safe, huh??

Speaking of ground objects, you'll find as mentioned, a stand-in PLAN destroyer, inis for Grinch's Fletcher with a new UserList (these were in the Libya 3.75 upgrade, but some folks may not have installed them), AND... a working Silkworm launcher and Styx missile.

While designed for SF2 usage, all the inis are in ANSI, and can easily be used on 1st Gen SF/Wo* versions. However, the Styx missils IS set up for SF2 only. Those knowledgable with weapons editing can easily down-convert to 08 1st Gen levels.

As always, READ the enclosed document for full install instructions.

Good Hunting!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

• Like 1

Sorry a little question, in the download section of sf2 i can found this and another update for the formosa terrain, but it seems that i cannot find the terrain himself....and also in the same download section there is an update for a terrain named DBS but no terrain for download...how i have to to?

thanks

Read the readme from Stary´s update, then you know what to do.

BTW, thanks Kevin for the update!

my pleasure, Carlo! It's a nasty fun terrain, expeicaly when the SAMs start showing up!

for the other question, you just need to look further in on the terrain downloads. EVERYTHING is there, for those that seek, shall find.

Obviously, if some terrain mod is NOT in the SF2 downloads, it'll be found in SF/Wo* section. Then, one just needs a few tweeks, fully documented in ALL my readmes, to convert to SF2. Or consult our handy dandy Knowledge Base; wherein resides a nice tutorial on converting terrains for SF2 usage.

wrench

kevin stein

my pleasure, Carlo! It's a nasty fun terrain, expeicaly when the SAMs start showing up!

I totally agree, i really like that terrain too! :drinks: