Sign in to follow this  
dsawan

Russian sub could help BP spill?

Just saw this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10564798

makes me wonder why the US NAVY isn't being used to clean this a lot faster. I know BP caused this but still. To have Russian help when the US NAVY could do this bewilders me.

the oil companies have plenty of remotely operated deep submersibles with the correct equipment to operate the stuff on the ocean floor.

There is nothing the USN or the Russians can add in that regard.

Exactly... the only reason why the Russians are doing it is for good PR. They probably won't do much except just sit there and watch, but the fact that they responded will supposedly make them look good. It's just politics.

It would be no good for Exxon's hostile take over of BP if US subs helped stop the oil flow weeks ago. Especially after Obama has laid all the groundwork with his continued attacks which surely helped lower their share price even further. Good on those oil lobbyists!