Sign in to follow this  
pcpilot

Planes dont showup in single random missions

Not sure whats going on here. I must have changed something but cant figure out what it is. Ive added a number of planes to my Korean War install. I can select them if I want to fly them and they fly just fine. However, many of them dont showup as opposing forces. Say I fly a P-51 on the allied side, all I see are Mig-15s, they are the only one that seems to show for the N. Koreans. There are no La-11's, or N. Korean IL2's, or La-15s, etc. Ive tried adding the user list to the older planes but no luck. Is there something I can do with the korean terrain perhaps? I also noticed planes arent showing up at the NK bases on the ground. Any suggestions?

check the AVAILABILITY parameter in the data ini of the planes you want to see.

what terrain? That old crappy one that's been around since 2005, with completely wrong targeting???

Have you added a limited nations statement to the terrain's main ini?

Do all the aircrft have userslists, and the approrpirate line in their main ini (even though they're nationalized, they may still need one -- that's what we're doing in the KAW mod)

note: some aircraft listed are not available & are marked with a star (*). Some are "in the works" for the big mod. Some are available elsewhere

Red forces should consit of (includes the Soviet units, under other flags)

NK:

La-11

Yak-3

Yak-9U

IL-10

Mig-15

Mig-15bis (both after 1951)

Tu-2

CPVAF:

La-11

Mig-9 (2 regiments based at Bejing and Shenyang, though never involved in the conflict. The PLAFF hated them!)

Mig-15

Mig-15bis (both after 1951)

Tu-2

UN:

the usual suspects...

F-51D

F9F-2

F9F-5

F2H-2 (after 1951, 2 squadrons in 1952)

AD-2/4/4NL

F4U-4

F4U-4B

F-80C

F-84E/F

F-86A

F-86E (after 1952

F-86F (started deploying in 53)

C-47

C-46*

C-54*

C-119

B-29

B-26 (invader)

RB-45

F7F

F4U-5NL

F3D

Firefly Mk.5

Seafire 47

Sea Fury FB.11

You are, obviously, flying in the correct years??? 1950-53? Even then, you should have plenty of Red Air to annoy you. My 08 WoE Korea install has plenty of Bad Guys getting under foot!

Remember, too, that the Sabre FMs are completly hosed. ALL that are currently available need work. That's coming too.

To say nothing of a 98% geographicly correct terrain (the 2% is my fault for NOT moving one airfield to where it belongs, and the Chosin Resiviour)

EDIT: as for parked aircraft NOT showing up, are the airfield ini FULLY up to date, with the parking slots? Or are they the 'Korea_airfield***.ini'? I'll bet if you look at them, they lack the pointers for it.

Other question: do you actually HAVE the NK Yaks/La-11 and PLAAF aircraft installed? Can you take a screenie of the /Aircraft folder???

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

Wrench, I'll get back to you in a day or two. Im doing 12 hours shifts right now and only have a few minutes left before I pass out from exhaustion. :lazy:

Cool. I'll be around!!

btw, rereading my post above, it sound to me a bit 'short'. If it came off that way, I apologize.

wrench

kevin stein

Hiya Wrench. No pal, you didnt sound short to me. It sounded like I got a lot of questions to answer though...lol. I remember a while back you posting a fix for terrains and the dates they can be used. I added this in the Korea.ini...

[AllowedDates]

StartDate=8/2/1949

EndDate=4/30/1959

I also added this line under [TERRAIN]

LimitedNations=TRUE

The limited nations part I added in this file...korea_nations.ini...and I added...

[Theater]

TheaterName=Korea

Location001=ROK

Location002=DPRK

[Theater]

TheaterName=Korea

Location001=ROK

Location002=DPRK

[LimitedNationList]

FriendlyNation001=Taiwan

FriendlyNation002=USN

FriendlyNation003=USAF

FriendlyNation004=USMC

FriendlyNation005=RAF

FriendlyNation006=RoyalNavy

FriendlyNation007=Greece

FriendlyNation008=Mercenary

FriendlyNation009=Canada

FriendlyNation010=Turkey

FriendlyNation011=Japan

FriendlyNation012=SKorea

FriendlyNation013=Austrailia

EnemyNation001=NKorea

EnemyNation002=Soviet

EnemyNation003=China

Thats all thats in that .ini.

I have also added user list for a number of the aircraft as part of my effort to update them to be useable in SF2. Speaking of which, my install I beleive is simply SF2I plus the propjob expansion pack for SF2I. The funny thing is, everything WAS working fine, I had tons of planes of all makes making my Korean war experiance a "simulating" hell of a lot of fun. Then at some point I added a plane or made an adjustment and BLAMO! things changed. Now I cant figure out what I did. Im fearful I may have to start from scratch :yikes: unless someone can figure out whats wrong... :dntknw:

See, now my lower lip is starting to quiver... :fie:

Edited by pcpilot

The SF2I-xp may have screwed up something. Without actually seeing the folder and their contents, it's really hard to say.

You're going to see something here that only a very few people have seen...

This is the nations in from the KAW mod; a historically acccurate list.

[Theater]

TheaterName=Korea

Location001=ROK

Location002=DPRK

Location003=PRC

Location004=Soviet Union

Location005=Japan

Location006=Sea of Japan

Location007=Yellow Sea

[LimitedNationList]

FriendlyNation001=USAF

FriendlyNation002=USN

FriendlyNation003=USMC

FriendlyNation004=SKorea

FriendlyNation005=Australia

FriendlyNation006=AustralianNavy

FriendlyNation007=Japan

FriendlyNation008=RoyalNavy

EnemyNation001=NKorea

EnemyNation002=Soviet

EnemyNation003=China

Obviously, you're locations will be different (as will the targets.ini, as I've added a few trick), but that's the general idea.

Japan is only in there, because the new terrain has LOTS of stuff in Japan, and is designed for more than just the 50-53 Korean War era -- after all, all our JASDF aircraft need more than Baltika's Kamchatcha to play in!.

You may need the GermanyCE or Desert terrain for use of the cat pointer reach-around; IsraelME is VERY unforgiving when used for something other than a terrain using the IME tiles and types set.

KAW is being built off a full-4 merged, with the pointers to GermanyCE.cat. If you don't have SF2E, you can always copy up the 08 GermanyCE terrain folder to your mods folders' /Terrains folder. (yes, they do work .. not as well, but they work!)

You should also be running your korea from a SEPERATE mods folder, from a renamed exe. (if you only have SF2I, copy it up one level of the folder tree, rename it "Korea.exe" -without the quotes-doh!-, drop it back down into the main folder where the sf2i exe is, and run the korea.exe. Then, you can dump all the unneeded stuff, or leave it alone. Stock items (almost always) all have user lists, and if there's no SAMs on the terrain, you needn't worry about them. I even have a new shortcut icon, if you want it! Then, move the relevant aircraft, ships, and other ground objects into you new Korea mods folder.

With the limited nations statements above, it'll keep unwanted bullies from bothering you (hopefully), and (hopefully) bring the correct players into play.

wrench

kevin stein