Sign in to follow this  
vonOben

Logged flying time in campaign missions?

Hi

Is not the actual flying time logged in campaign missions?

In the last missions we were transferring to new home field and the estimated mission time were 3 minutes. The mission take much longer about 25 minutes, but the logged time was 3 minutes anyway. :blink:

Cheers

vonOben

It should be. I've sometimes seen similar posts from other gentlemen, but I don't exactly know what's causing the difference.

I've never experienced it myself - the time the manager logs corresponds to the time I actually flew quite accurately.

I tested it and found, that I mostly fly much longer, than the OFF Manager would log for me.

For example, my flying took 47 minutes, but I only get 32 minutes logged. I must check in future,

if it does at least correspond with the given time in briefing, as you had it.

I had the same thing happen several months ago. Sometimes the actual flying time was nearly twice what I was credited in the log. Upon that pilot's death I reinstalled OFF and the problem disappeared.

On my most recent pilot it started happening again. After three mis-timed missions the fourth was exactly what I flew, so I don't know that the reinstall was necessary the first time around. And, of course, now I know it's not just me.

I'd love to figure out what causes it, because it's frustrating to fly for an hour or more and be told on landing "Congratulations! Your flying time was 28 minutes.", particularly with 17-hours being an unofficial 'atta-boy' mark. But I just remind myself, it's only a game.

*edit*

And, Olham, in my experience the credited time does not always match the time alloted in the briefing.

Edited by von Baur

Ah, thanks, von Baur. I thought so, but wasn't sure.

Pausing the game during a mission is one thing that seems to trigger the time loss problem for me, but I have not checked this out scientifically, but just noticed it seems to usually be the case.

I have had the same issue many times since I began flying OFF. I cannot find a definite correlation to any one factor myself, and I've tested it with and without pausing, warp, time acceleration and the like. For whatever reason the sim engine just screws up on the actual flying time now and then, (I've a hunch it's an old, inherent Microsquish issue). I keep very accurate times of my flights with an external watch, and will go in after a mission and manually correct the entries in my pilot's log and dossier if they happen to come up wrong in the sim.

Unfortunately for me, I never seem to last long enough for it to matter anymore.....:dunno:

I keep very accurate times of my flights with an external watch, and will go in after a mission and manually correct the entries in my pilot's log and dossier if they happen to come up wrong in the sim.

Thanks for the tip! :good:

That’s a good workaround, since the OFFManager apparently can’t log the correct time! :wink2:

Cheers

vonOben

Yeah, good one - I'll try to do that in future.