Sign in to follow this  
Spinners

[Fictional] Dassault Mirage IIIC - Irish Air Corps

[Fictional] Dassault Mirage IIIC - Irish Air Corps

Dassault Mirage IIICI 'Irelande' for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2

This is a very simple mod of the stock Third Wire Mirage IIIC to give a fictional Irish Air Corps Mirage IIICI with equally fictitious markings for No.1 'Black Velvet' squadron. 

INSTRUCTIONS

1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the Mirage3CI folder into your Aircraft folder.

2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the Mirage3CI folder into your Decals folder.

That's it!

CREDITS

As always, thanks to Third Wire for a great little game/sim.

And, finally, thanks to everyone in the wider Third Wire community.

Regards 

Spinners

Version 2 - November 16th, 2023

Hi, major proble. i did like readme said. When I start it. The plane does not have an exterior. Just the cockpit. Do we need to extract the lods as well? I thoguht this was the stock mirage> Any help apprec. thx.

It looks like you haven't got the LOD's in your install (I'm running all four titles merged) - not much I can do about that.

Edit - Yep, it's the stock Mirage IIIC;

[LOD001]

Filename=Mirage_III_C.LOD

Distance=100

[LOD002]

Filename=Mirage_III_C_LOD2.LOD

Distance=250

[LOD003]

Filename=Mirage_III_C_LOD3.LOD

Distance=500

[LOD004]

Filename=Mirage_III_C_LOD4.LOD

Distance=1000

[LOD005]

Filename=Mirage_III_C_LOD5.LOD

Distance=10000

Edited by Spinners

Hi, I installed your Dhimari mirage and it works perfect. But it uses cj lods. i guess ill have to use cat extracor and put the lods in to the plane folder. i assume you use sf2 lods not sf1. Better yet can you tell me which object cat to extract in the thirdwie sf2 main folder?

I too have a merged install with the expansion 1 in there.

Edited by dsawan

Hi, I checked my catalog files and noticed object5.dll is missing in objects folder from the main thridwire fldr. i wonder if the mirage files were there. I used the thirdwire 4 in one bundle I bought some time ago. i;ll check the cd and see or do another install.

You really shouldn't need to extract anything and don't worry about Object5.dll (or whatever it's called - i'm at work right now) it's the legendary missing file where TK's 'black' projects are kept.

You mention a CD but I thought that everything SF2 was download only????

Hi, i make mistake. it is electronic download but its the all 4 in one bundle. Did not know of object 5.dll being missing on purpose. i dont know how else to fix this then if this is the case. Are you sure about the missing obkject 5.dll? I never heard of that.

ObjectData005.cat does NOT exist ... it hasn't since the very beginning.

You don't NEED the aircraft lods in the aircraft's folder. The main ini will take care if, doing the ever famous cat-reach-around and pull them from whereever they're hiding.

The SF2E Mirage IIIC is in 009

The SF2I Mirage IIICJ (aka Shahak and Shahak_71) are in are in 012

Your main ini should look just like the stock SF2E's MirIIIC:

[LOD001]

Filename=Mirage_III_C.LOD

Distance=100

[LOD002]

Filename=Mirage_III_C_LOD2.LOD

Distance=250

[LOD003]

Filename=Mirage_III_C_LOD3.LOD

Distance=500

[LOD004]

Filename=Mirage_III_C_LOD4.LOD

Distance=1000

[LOD005]

Filename=Mirage_III_C_LOD5.LOD

Distance=10000

How do you think we got all the different Hunters to work in the Suez Update???

wrench

kevin stein

hi, just checked the 009.dll and the mirage 3c lods are not there. i saw the cj in 0012 though. So i will do a seaparate install to get the files.

Really???

wrench

kevin stein

Something else forgotten with this mod ...

Ireland dosen't exist in the nations ini, so that may cause a problem. The Nation/Air Force selection drop down on the SingleMission screen will be blank.

So, one might want to extract the Nations.ini from the MissionData001.cat, place it into the /Flight folder -create one if necessary, and add this to the bottom, where *** is the next number in sequence.

[Nation***]

Name=IAC

DisplayName=Irish Air Corp

Alignment=FRIENDLY

PilotNameList=NamesBritish.lst

RankList=RanksRAF.lst

CallsignList=CallsignsUS.lst

Formation.Fighter=USFighter

Formation.Attack=USFighter

Formation.Bomber=USBomber

Formation.Transport=USBomber

Formation.Tank=USTank

Formation.MobileAD=USAD

PilotTrainingStandard=EXCELLENT

GenderRatio=0

DebriefSuccessMusic=DebriefSuccess.wav

DebriefFailMusic=DebriefFail.wav

DebriefKilledMusic=DebriefKilled.wav

SpeechFile=USAFSpeech.cat

SpeechTextFile=USAFSpeechText.str

Medals=MedalsRAF.ini

MedalTextFile=MedalsRAF.str

with apologies to our Irish friends for using RAF names/ranks/medals ... there's no "NamesIrish.lst", although one could be created quite easily

I also shorted up the file pathway in the decals ini tremendously by renaming the skin folder "IAC" ... it was just too long.

Love the Harp!!! Nice touch, that!

wrench

kevin stein

Something else forgotten with this mod

What was the first/other thing(s) forgotten??

shoot... I don't remember!!! :dntknw: Just the nation, I think!!

Now, we just need to talk Piecemmeal into writing the IrishName.lst!!!

wrench

kevin stein

Quite topically, I've just booked a weeks holiday on the Emerald Isle for mid-August. I'm sure knocking this 'what if' up steered me to book there:rofl: . Must try Brazil next...

I

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Spinners

View File [Fictional] McDonnell Douglas Phantom FGR.3
      McDonnell Douglas Phantom FGR.3 for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2 
      This is a simple mod of the stock Third Wire Phantom F-4E (early - short cannon muzzle fairing)  to create a fictional Phantom FGR.3 in service with the Royal Air Force in the 1969-1972 timeline with markings for No.6 and No.112 squadrons of RAF Middle East Command as they might have appeared during this period when deployed to Dhimar. Both squadrons have an association with the Middle East and Desert areas with No.6 Squadron being 'The Flying Tin Openers' whilst No.112 Squadron were famous for being the RAF's 'sharkmouth' squadron.  

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the PhantomFGR3 folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the PhantomFGR3 folder into your Decals folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      Special thanks to sundowner for the F-4E templates.
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - February 29th, 2024.
      Submitter Spinners Submitted 11/29/2009 Category What If Hangar  
    • By Spinners
      McDonnell Douglas Phantom FGR.3 for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2 
      This is a simple mod of the stock Third Wire Phantom F-4E (early - short cannon muzzle fairing)  to create a fictional Phantom FGR.3 in service with the Royal Air Force in the 1969-1972 timeline with markings for No.6 and No.112 squadrons of RAF Middle East Command as they might have appeared during this period when deployed to Dhimar. Both squadrons have an association with the Middle East and Desert areas with No.6 Squadron being 'The Flying Tin Openers' whilst No.112 Squadron were famous for being the RAF's 'sharkmouth' squadron.  

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the PhantomFGR3 folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the PhantomFGR3 folder into your Decals folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      Special thanks to sundowner for the F-4E templates.
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - February 29th, 2024.
    • By Spinners

View File [Fictional] Lockheed Starfighter F.2
      Lockheed Starfighter F.2 for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2:Europe
      This is a simple mod of the stock Third Wire F-104G to give a 'what if' Starfighter F.2 interceptor-fighter with markings for ten classic 1960's RAF Fighter Command squadrons - mainly real world Lightning squadrons but with No.43 Squadron added in as they were a famous interceptor squadron in the Phantom era. The service dates are confined to 1963 to 1969 but you can easily edit this to suit your tastes.
      RAF Squadrons covered; 5, 11, 19, 23, 29, 43, 56, 74, 92, 111.

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the StarfighterF2 folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the StarfighterF2 folder into your Decals folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      Special thanks to bobrock for the excellent F-104G template used here for the skin and the specular maps.
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - February 25th, 2024.
      Submitter Spinners Submitted 12/30/2009 Category What If Hangar  
    • By Spinners
      Lockheed Starfighter F.2 for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2:Europe
      This is a simple mod of the stock Third Wire F-104G to give a 'what if' Starfighter F.2 interceptor-fighter with markings for ten classic 1960's RAF Fighter Command squadrons - mainly real world Lightning squadrons but with No.43 Squadron added in as they were a famous interceptor squadron in the Phantom era. The service dates are confined to 1963 to 1969 but you can easily edit this to suit your tastes.
      RAF Squadrons covered; 5, 11, 19, 23, 29, 43, 56, 74, 92, 111.

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the StarfighterF2 folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the StarfighterF2 folder into your Decals folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      Special thanks to bobrock for the excellent F-104G template used here for the skin and the specular maps.
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - February 25th, 2024.
    • By Spinners

View File [Fictional] Lockheed Starfighter F.2A (RAF Germany)
      Lockheed Starfighter F.2A for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2:Europe
      This is a simple mod of the stock Third Wire F-104G to give a 'what if' Starfighter F.2A interceptor-fighter with markings for No.19 and No.92 squadrons of RAF Germany as they might have appeared during the 1970's. 
      This mod requires you to have SF2E for the F-104G LODs which are, of course, NOT included here.

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the StarfighterF2A folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the StarfighterF2A folder into your Decals folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - February 22nd, 2024.
      Submitter Spinners Submitted 12/29/2009 Category What If Hangar  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..