Erik

Political Discussions

It has long been a standing rule here at CombatACE that we simply do not allow political discussions on our boards. Over the past year or so we've become a little more relaxed on this policy because of the ever changing climate and events. It was considered by some a topic of discussion that we'd like to see available to those who were interested in participating. As a result we've tried a few variations where we've selectively allowed discussions to continue here in The Pub and more recently in The Arena, since removed. We feel that allowing the public access to these discussions without their ability to opt-out was in poor taste and disregarded our mission statement to provide an open and clean community for everyone to enjoy. As of this post we'd like to make the following changes and affirmations.

1. Political, religious, government leadership type discussions either in topic or reply form will not be allowed in our general community, anywhere. This is an affirmation of our mission statement concerning our general audience. Posts that are deemed to fall under these topics will be moved or removed as appropriate.

2. We have created a private discussion board for those who want to post or read the political and highly polarized discussions that our community wishes to participate in. This private forum will be by opt-in participation only. This means that if you wish to join the discussions or have access to them you must reply to this post with an acknowledgment to opt-in. We will then, as time permits, grant access to that forum on a per-member basis.

We feel this arrangement will allow the best of both worlds to exist while keeping in focus our goals and objectives. We hope you understand and can appreciate the often difficult positions we can encounter in a global community like this. The political topics will be a more loosely moderated discussion board. The premise is to allow open communication and view points without the need to feel moderated. A further list of benefits and guidelines is available after joining.

Reply with "Include Me" in your post. Those who do NOT want to be included do not need to do anything. By default these discussions are hidden from the general membership.

• Like 1

Ahoy! Include me.

Will like to enter the political area too, so Include Me please.

Thanks.

Edited by Stratos

I completey agree with forum rules. No interest in politcs.

• Like 1

I'll join this ZOO if I'll get a chance Eric

sign me in

And a shout from me as well... more out of curiosity than anything else...

I know this aint gonna go over too well, but what the hell.

GO ISREALE, KICK THEIR FN ASSES!

Howdy...I just signed up and respectfully request to be included.  Thank You.

Updated.

I just noticed this and, while I'm not interested at this time (but watch out when I'm retired and with more time on my hands  diablo.gif.pagespeed.ce.tJrUv6gBYa.gif ), I'd like to applaud the decision. This is possibly the best example of freedom of speech I've seen anywhere in a looooooooooooooong time.

clapping.gif.pagespeed.ce.letqCZTOMd.gif

I'm new to this forum. I find this political / religion thing terribly interesting to say the least. Although I might not offer input all the time I certainly would love to be included if it's possible.