Sign in to follow this  

I have what is a basic question, what keys control the following sights Bombsights= B52

B57

B26

Gunsights=AC130

AC119

AC47

I can't find any Commands in the manual, WOV, that control these sights or perhaps I'm not looking in the right place.

Thanks,

Deanklef

These aircraft are not flyable in the stock version of WOV, so no such thing exists.

There are 3rd party mods for things like this...

FC

Moved to the correct Fourm

PLEASE do not post quesitons in the Knowledge Base!! Thanks! :grin:

wrench

kevin stein

Moved to the correct Fourm

PLEASE do not post quesitons in the Knowledge Base!! Thanks! :grin:

wrench

kevin stein

Were do I post Operating Questions?

Deanklef

These aircraft are not flyable in the stock version of WOV, so no such thing exists.

There are 3rd party mods for things like this...

FC

Right,So were do I find this info for addons?

Deanklef

All the key commands for your game are in the options section in the actual game - or look at default.ini in the "controls" mod folder.

Do you have YAP2 or something?

Edited by MigBuster

All the key commands for your game are in the options section in the actual game - or look at default.ini in the "controls" mod folder.

Do you have YAP2 or something?

What is YAP2? Fogive my dumb question but I don't know that much about computer games, I, worked 43 yrs as a machinist ,[no CN or CNC], and have only recently gotten into this subject.

Deanklef

All those planes above come with Yankee Air Pirate 2 with cockpits and side facing gun sights - its a payware add on for WOV created by a Vietnam F-4 pilot - consists of over 100 scripted real missions - see their website.

If an aircraft you download from here has a particular bombsight set up they should come with a readme informing you which keys to use or to map. - if not then its just manual guesswork bombing.

The games themselves are not set up for flying bombers so there is no inbuilt code to support them - its a case of using 'workarounds'.

The B-57A in the SF2 downloads has a pit with a bombsight - but this functionality is built into the 3rd party cockpit that comes with it.

you mean the british Canberras (with the glass nose)?.... most USAF B-57s (B for sure) also used a bombing radar, and B-66s. IIRC, there weren't that many A models used by the USAF. I've got a BIIIIG book on the US Canberra's around here somewhere... might shed some light on the 57s (Crowood Aviation Sereis on the EE and Martins).

wrench

kevin stein

this came to me on the verge of sleep last night...

What people forget to do, is think outside the box.

I assume you have a cockpit, with a gunsight tga associated with it???

How about increasing the MaxDepression, so it's at apporx 45 deg angle to the ground when selecting AG weapons?

-example ONLY-!!!

[GunsightFront]

HasGunsight=TRUE

GunsightMilSize=50

GunsightName=A-7D_sight.tga

LeadComputing=FALSE

MaxDepression=260 <---this here line

DefaultDepression=50

YOu'll need to increase the number substantially .. 600+

It'll take a LOT of back and forth experimentating to get the angle right, and will only be usable with the NoCockpit view.

Then, you'll have to do the math in your head as to WHEN to release (or find the appropriate bomb release tables off the Net)

Don't forget, there can be a substantial time interval from release to impact (example: when the Enloa Gay dropped it's 'Gadget', it some nearly 40-odd seconds to fall to it's detonation altitude of 1500 feet). Angles amd release distances (in real life, at any rate) would change with speed and altitude.

IIRC, Lexx_Luthor had posted something like this over at TKs site, in teh "Strategic Cockpits Thread"

wrench

kevin stein

this came to me on the verge of sleep last night...

What people forget to do, is think outside the box.

I assume you have a cockpit, with a gunsight tga associated with it???

How about increasing the MaxDepression, so it's at apporx 45 deg angle to the ground when selecting AG weapons?

-example ONLY-!!!

[GunsightFront]

HasGunsight=TRUE

GunsightMilSize=50

GunsightName=A-7D_sight.tga

LeadComputing=FALSE

MaxDepression=260 <---this here line

DefaultDepression=50

Thanks for the above replys, guys. I guess the answer is there is no answer. So looks like I bomb by guess and by golly.

Deanklef

YOu'll need to increase the number substantially .. 600+

It'll take a LOT of back and forth experimentating to get the angle right, and will only be usable with the NoCockpit view.

Then, you'll have to do the math in your head as to WHEN to release (or find the appropriate bomb release tables off the Net)

Don't forget, there can be a substantial time interval from release to impact (example: when the Enloa Gay dropped it's 'Gadget', it some nearly 40-odd seconds to fall to it's detonation altitude of 1500 feet). Angles amd release distances (in real life, at any rate) would change with speed and altitude.

IIRC, Lexx_Luthor had posted something like this over at TKs site, in teh "Strategic Cockpits Thread"

wrench

kevin stein

you mean the british Canberras (with the glass nose)?.... most USAF B-57s (B for sure) also used a bombing radar, and B-66s. IIRC, there weren't that many A models used by the USAF. I've got a BIIIIG book on the US Canberra's around here somewhere... might shed some light on the 57s (Crowood Aviation Sereis on the EE and Martins).

wrench

kevin stein

From the information and photos I found at the time of putting them up - the B-57A and RB-57A have the same glass nose and goldfish bowl canopy as the Canberra B.mk2.

There were 8 x B-57As which never entered service, although the RB-57A was the first production version and went into service - although they were withdrawn by 1970.