Sign in to follow this  
MonGooSe

Maybe someone here can help...

I don't know if someone happened to see the posts I made at SimHQ a short time back. I am stumped by my X45 and have no idea what the deal is. Here are the post all put into one:

=

I have a real problem with my X45, its is extremely "sluggish". X Y axis should roll the ac in any sim I am flying,alot better than it does. Is so slow. I have the joystick sensitivity set all the way up, then down and barely makes any noticeable difference.

I have had the DH drivers installed, uninstalled, SST software is currently installed. I have calibrated from the SST software, and the regular control panel in XP. Ok I am to my wits end....

Thing is I noticed with no joystick/HOTAS plugged in, just using keyboard control, the roll rate is the same. Sluggish and slow. No idea what so ever why....

In all games or in one specific game? If you havent tried it check it out in more game than one.

In the test window (calibration) does it seem to respond as it should? The middle of the cross should reach the edges of the box - or at least close to - if it does you stick and drivers works fine and its a game problem

Yes I did what you and I talked about on ICQ and no joy. (pun intended)

Will see if the roll is any better in Falcon in a while. Otherwise I fear a reinstall of my OS cause like I told you, this is an inherited computer, so not sure what or how was installed on it. Let me rephrase that: I know what OS is installed, I am just not sure how my brother installed it. ;)

Thats too bad. The ultimate last resort is of course to post in the Saitek Forum

There is actually a couple of helpful people there

I posted there, we'll see what we come up with. Thanks for the help anyway.

I have a real problem with my X45, its is extremely "sluggish". X Y axis should roll the ac in any sim I am flying,alot better than it does. Is so slow. I have the joystick sensitivity set all the way up, then down and barely makes any noticeable difference.

Thing is I noticed with no joystick/HOTAS plugged in, just using keyboard control, the roll rate is the same. Sluggish and slow. No idea what so ever why....

1) is it X axis, Y axis....or both?

2) is it the same in other games?

3) If the Keyboard does the same thing...then it's not your HOTAS or it's software/drivers. I would think that this is a Game Software problem and uninstall/reinstall of the game may be prudent.

4) What video card are you using, and did you update the drivers their recently?

5) Has this always been like this since you installed this game?

6) Has this been like this since you bought the X45?

7) Has it ever worked Properly?

<C>

Fates

1) is it X axis, Y axis....or both?

The Roll axis and pitch I guess

2) is it the same in other games?

Yes all the flight sims I have: F4, IL2FB, LOMAC

3) If the Keyboard does the same thing...then it's not your HOTAS or it's software/drivers. I would think that this is a Game Software problem and uninstall/reinstall of the game may be prudent.

Have done that, will try again tomorrow

4) What video card are you using, and did you update the drivers their recently?

ALL-IN-WONDER RADEON 7500

RADEON 7500 AGP (0x5157)

Internal DAC(350MHz)

Display Memory: 64.0 MB

Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6422

<snipped these out>

7) Has it ever worked Properly?

I have other joysticks and all are sluggish... I am thinking I need to

reinstall WinXP and start fresh. This is my brothers computer I inherited it.

Unfortunately he is not here to tell me what to do to fix it. It just seems

when I do a barrel roll, it should ROLL... and not just turn. The movie I

made shows what I mean. Thanks Fates.

IF you have a "SYSTEM RESTORE POINT" that is prior to the Saitek Software being installed...I would think about that....it might depend on all the programs that you've installed since.

Their may be some problem with using the 2 different drivers for SAITEK:

I have had the DH drivers installed, uninstalled, SST software is currently installed. I have calibrated from the SST software, and the regular control panel in XP. Ok I am to my wits end....

You could completely UNINSTALL the DEVICE and reinstall it....that may remove it's existance completely and start ya fresh.

I wouldn't go as drastic as reinstalling windows....If you had another computer that has never had a saitek installed on it...and has XP, you could at least install it on that computer and verify that it's not some electrical problem with the stick.

<C>

Fates

....If you had another computer that has never had a saitek installed on it...and has XP, you could at least install it on that computer and verify that it's not some electrical problem with the stick.

<C>

Fates

I think I will try that and see what happens. If I get the same results, will just go back and exchange this one for a new one. After all, CompUSA is anly about 3 minutes from me. (I actually call it the toy store)

Thanks again Fates. Time to rest and drink another beer. B)

What kind of "electrical problem" would it be??

Hi,

As I said elsewhere if you are getting the same sluggish response without the controller plugged in & using the keyboard/other controllers then clearly it isn't a Saitek problem it is system related.

From what you've explained....Buff is 100% correct...it's a SYSTEM problem and nothing to do with the Saitek itself. Sometimes I would try hardware out on a different system just to convince you of that fact.

IT's not the stick.

Yep I agree... was just hoping I'd hit a little streak of luck.. hehehe :huh: