Sign in to follow this  
Rugbyfan1972

BHAH flight model question

I will freely admit I am not the best pilot, but after being unable to climb to the same altitude as an Alb DIII which was smoking heavily whilst I am flying an undamaged Sopwith Triplane, I have come to the conclusion that I am not the problem but the problem lies with my installation of the game.

I am using HITR installed as per the instructions and patched to 1.47.

The flight model is set to realistic.

I used the ubisoft CFS3 DVD for the installation.

I am using windows 7 64 bit.

If anyone has any helpfull suggestions or fixes they will be gratefully received.

I really like this game with the expansion pack, but if I am unable to solve this problem I will have to go back to 1.32 with its low level action.

Thanks

Rugbyfan1972

"The flight model is set to realistic."

Do you have manual mixture on? that might make a difference.

A damaged/smoking Albatros III should not be able to outclimb you, unless, perhaps, you still have about 90% of your fuel with you, and he's running on fumes. I will confess I've never had this happen to me, so I'm simply ruminating...

It's not you. No one can climb as well as the AI. It's a shortcoming of the original CFS3 game. But you can move this fight into the horizontal. If your enemy insists on climbing, try to drag him away into the horizontal. Or if he insists on trying to out turn you, take the fight into a downward spiral or a vertical maneuver if you are capable of it.

If you're up against an enemy with a "one trick pony" style of trying to evade you, make him do something else.

On climbing: Often you'll get a better climb rate by keeping your airspeed up. And if you're too slow and the nose high, you may stall and lose all the altitude (and more) you've just gained in the last few minutes. Kinda like two steps forward and one step back.