Sign in to follow this  
Steve s

black band

When I open the website, after a few seconds, a black band covering half the screen. I use Win XP 64bit, Firefox 3.6.7 and I installed the latest version of Flash Player, this problem never occurred before now. Any suggestions?

post-13797-038630200 1279740037.jpg

Am using Firefox 3.6.7 with flash player 10 and dont have not seen that issue - although I am on Win7 64. Does this happen with IE or any other browsers? - suspect it could be a graphics driver issue.

Am using Firefox 3.6.7 with flash player 10 and dont have not seen that issue - although I am on Win7 64. Does this happen with IE or any other browsers? - suspect it could be a graphics driver issue.

If I open Cace with Explorer the problem does not occur,the problem happens with Firefox and only with this site from 2 days,it's a realy mistery for me.

Edited by Steve s

https://www.mozilla.com/en-US/plugincheck/

Use the above link to check your plugins for firefox. I suspect your flashplayer that is installed is not working correctly or is disabled. In firefox your plugins are in Tools > Add Ons > Plugins Tab

https://www.mozilla.com/en-US/plugincheck/

Use the above link to check your plugins for firefox. I suspect your flashplayer that is installed is not working correctly or is disabled. In firefox your plugins are in Tools > Add Ons > Plugins Tab

The problem with the black band is resolved, I disabled a part of Firefox (ASK), but .... it appeared another: the resolution of the site! :yikes:

Of course this only happens with Cace

post-13797-039432300 1279828818.jpg

Edited by Steve s

The site is dynamic but it is also dependent on your settings, both the view setting in FireFox and the resolution of your monitor. Does the site appear that way in IE or just FireFox?

The site is dynamic but it is also dependent on your settings, both the view setting in FireFox and the resolution of your monitor. Does the site appear that way in IE or just FireFox?

Only in Firefox,and only for Combat Ace site if I open other sites all is normal as always. I search in the web if other have the same problem,but I don't find anything

I scan my computer for virus,but nothing,make the defrag to but nothing change. The mystery to be continued....

With Google Chrome, with up to dates players, on XP, I was painfully experiencing the same issue.

I disabled all plugins I had, without any changes.

The relief came when I installed an Ads blocking plugin.

I don't want to promote such tools, as I'm not sure that it doesn't negatively impact the site, but that issue was a real pain down there and hard on my nerves as I constantly had to hit Escape key before the page was fully loaded, and so that damned black band.

Anyway, I'm glad to fully enjoy CA again. good.gif