Sign in to follow this  
Cameljockey

Excellent Video

not what was used to make it. An excellent job! Kudos to Gisbod!

Excellent video...

still wont be buying ROF though...

Eeheheh.

Nice video.

Outstanding job. I am quite sure it took many, many hours to produce such a well crafted result. Well done sir. :salute:

Hellshade

I'm not taking credit for it. It was done by a guy called Gisbod. I just thought it was a great vid.

Edited by Cameljockey

I think it's an outstanding video, better then the recent ones that they had a contest about.

Gisbod, who made it, adjusted the color saturation in post editing of the video to make the colors less saturated and it is a huge improvement over the stock game colors. When ROF first came out it was a complaint registered by me and I believe Winding Man also remarked about it.. the colors are just too intense/garish and make it look sort of make believe, but this video shows up how much it can be improved with a simple, slight de-saturation adjustment. They still need a good, non mission based campaign, and a whole lot of planes before they can create an addictive environment, but they definitely have some great graphics and mainly, the lighting effects are outstanding. Only other problem is the requirement for very high end equipment to make it look the best, but computer equipment progresses fast and comes down in price with each advance.

Meanwhile there is OFF and the upcoming v4 which promises even more..but just the way it is, I'm sure glad we have OFF as it has the best over all combination of qualities, in my opinion.

Edited by rabu

I liked that a lot.

There's an immediate 'feel' to it, - and that's hard to do. Excellent.

I heartily approve of any 'touching' up to make footage look better. - That's what it's all about.

I've got ROF, but my pc struggles with it. I might have another look though....

Made with love and historical knowledge - great video.

Only thing I was missing, is the famous "flat turn" Voss made right at the beginning of the fight.

But perhaps RoF FM can also not do that manoeuver.

Superb vid, great editing and music choice.

But RoF's shortfalls show through. Where is the 'M' on Menkorff's Alb? What about some color on those Albs?

Small stuff... but true.

Guest British_eh

Hi there,

Thanks for the video, always great to see enthusiasts at work. The OFF model will do a flat turn, but it takes about a mile in diameter to do such. Also, Rhys- Davis first effective shots were from Voss's flank. There is also speculation that Voss, like many of the pilots flying the Dr.I, didn't have a full tank of fuel. This was more the norm, than the exception, and has been documented in various resources. The fact that he had a longer engagement than anticipated may have been an issue. The weight of the ammo load was also a consideration, and that too was reduced, likely by the range of the mission, and nature of.

Given the fact that the Dr.I could outclimb the SE5a, it would be nice to see that in the FM of the Dr.I, and also the climbing and manoeuvres, with out a stall and spin.

Cheers,

British_eh

Given the fact that the Dr.I could outclimb the SE5a, it would be nice to see that in the FM of the Dr.I, and also the climbing and manoeuvres, with out a stall and spin.

Cheers,

British_eh

/agreed

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

"Small stuff... but true."

Agreed, and applicable elsewhere.